Payment from Japan
Thread poster: Inn Vaaro

Inn Vaaro
Estonia
Local time: 16:23
Finnish to Estonian
+ ...
Feb 1, 2008

Do someone have got money from Japan? My client offer postal money order, but that is not accepted in our country.
Please advice me - do you know bank, charging minimum for transfer money from Japan to Europe. As I know Japan banks are rather expensive when service.

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:23
English to Italian
+ ...
My experience Feb 1, 2008

I have been working for a Japanese customer since about 3 years. For wire transfers, their bank charges 5,00€ and my bank...20,00€!!!

No way to avoid this as their system does not accept any other form of payment. But my accountant deducts bank charges as costs.

Antonella

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
I did Feb 1, 2008

small postcard in the envelope with the banknote enclosed reached Tallinn ja koik oli korras. ^0)

But I really wonder why don't you ask this question at our Estonian forum?

Hardly anyone speaking English and living outside of Estonia could really answer your question.

[Edited at 2008-02-01 16:52]

Inn Vaaro
Estonia
Finnish to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good, thank you! Feb 1, 2008

Maria Antonietta Ricagno wrote:

I have been working for a Japanese customer since about 3 years. For wire transfers, their bank charges 5,00€ and my bank...20,00€!!!

No way to avoid this as their system does not accept any other form of payment. But my accountant deducts bank charges as costs.

Antonella

Can you tell me name of bank, if possible.

Inn Vaaro
Estonia
Finnish to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tänan! Feb 1, 2008

Sergei Tumanov wrote:

small postcard in the envelope with the banknote enclosed reached Tallinn ja koik oli korras.

It is Western Union or what? Postal Money Orders are not possibe in Estonia, as I understood. Do you have some new information?

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
English to Russian
+ ...
Ei Feb 1, 2008

Nad lihtsalt panid raha kirja sisse.

But I think in case of a reasonable amount of money the regular bank transfer will not be anything special for japanese clients. If the amount is small they could use Moneybookers. Moneybookers has a local account in Hansapank, so the fee for withdrawal from Moneybookers to Hansapank will be 1,80 euro only.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment from Japan

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search