Thread poster: Pieter_H

Pieter_H  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:12
Norwegian to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 22, 2007

Hei!

Jeg har medlt denne hendelse også på "Money matters" og staben på Proz.
Det er kanskje litt viktg å distribuere meldingen her også?

Yesterday I received an e-mail from an organisation posing to be PayPal asking me to confirm my account by connecting to a link which was mentioned in the e-mail.
The reason for this confirmation was said to be repeated unsuccessful attempts to enter my account.

The e-mail was addressed to one account which I usually do not use, and not in connection with PayPal, anyway. This I found suspicious and checked with the real PayPal-organisation. They confirmed that no such message was sent.

It therefore seems obvious that this is an attempt to crack PayPal-accounts. The only place where this particular e-mail address and my PayPal account can be connected to each other is on Proz.com.

I will therefore warn everybody to be careful when you receive such an e-mail. It looked rather trustworthy, cause the PayPal-logo was used and addressed to " Dear valued customer".

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

PayPal - fraude attempt?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search