absciarretta
absciarretta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:04
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2007

Some of you may have seen this before. There is a website I go to for a pick me up when translations have got me stumped:

http://www.nrk.no/underholdning/alltid_moro/4581409.html

Look at it and remember you will NEVER be as bad as this!

Lars Finsen
Lars Finsen
Local time: 01:04
English to Norwegian
+ ...
title Feb 27, 2007

I don't think it's so encouraging. These people should pay translators instead of using those silly machines. Another discouraging point is that some of those examples are quite old and machines aren't that evidently useless anymore. I am on the point of giving up hunting for a customer that pays properly and taking a steady job instead, although it means I must be on the move again. But then there is some less competition for you guys, and that's good news, isn't it?

LEF

absciarretta
absciarretta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:04
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't give up, please! Feb 27, 2007

I am sure there are more than enough jobs out there, according to another translation website, Norwegian is one of the most sought after languages.

My cousin in Italy translates into Danish and she was so jealous that I can translate into Norwegian because there were so much more work to get for Norwegian translators. And she has more work than she can deal with already but has to take more mundane jobs like technical manuals etc.

Make sure you have a nice website set
... See more
I am sure there are more than enough jobs out there, according to another translation website, Norwegian is one of the most sought after languages.

My cousin in Italy translates into Danish and she was so jealous that I can translate into Norwegian because there were so much more work to get for Norwegian translators. And she has more work than she can deal with already but has to take more mundane jobs like technical manuals etc.

Make sure you have a nice website set up for yourself and register at several webistes, not just this one.

Looking at those machine translations and how horrible they are, I am sure we will all have plenty to do.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Horrific translation examples

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »