Local time: 00:40
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 20, 2007

What I miss the most about Norway are:

- bade!
- gå på blåbærtur
- stå på langrenn og spise appelsin og kvikklunsj

Having never been terribly home-sick nor patriotic, I have recently started missng some things about Norway, not least because I now have a little daughter. One thing I wish she could experience/was part of her life, is going on a proper "blåbærtur" med "termos" and "matpakke". Og å spise bærene med melk og sukker på...

H
Mvh
Nina

Direct link Reply with quote

Mette Stroander  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:40
Danish to Italian
+ ...
What I miss - HYGGE! Aug 21, 2007

Hi!
I understand very well what you mean...
I grew up between DK and Italy, but all my traditions are danish..
I miss what we in DK call HYGGE.. it is not just the word that is impossible to translate.. it is also the special danish atmosphere...
And what about the danish savours?
Well.. it might be the weather (grey, rainy, cold) that makes me homesick today)
Hygge hygge
Mette

Nina Spencer  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:40
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hei... Aug 28, 2007

Da jeg sa at jeg savna å bade mente jeg selvsagt "å bade i elva, sjøen, innsjøen". Vi har jo badekar selv her i England da så jeg tar meg jo en vask eller to

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

What I miss

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search