https://www.proz.com/forum/norwegian/9638-did_it_sound_as_good_in_the_original.html

Did it sound as good in the original?
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:36
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2003

\"Lord Nelson! Lord Beaverbrook! Winston Churchill! Anthony Eden! Clement Atlee! Henry Cooper! Lady Diana! Maggie Thatcher! Can you hear me, Maggie Thatcher? Your boys took one hell of a beating!\"

Roald Toskedal
Roald Toskedal  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 08:36
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Yes, it did! Mar 23, 2003

Speaking for those of us who can actually remember that day when Norway\'s soccer team beat England for the first time in ages (if ever before...), I can actually hear the quite hoarse voice of the late Bjørge Lillelien ringing in my ears. That must\'ve been the very pinnacle of his long sports reporting career, but we all loved him for his quite colorful (to say the least) expressions on various sports achievements by Norwegian athletes. We also have this one, uttered when some cross country s... See more
Speaking for those of us who can actually remember that day when Norway\'s soccer team beat England for the first time in ages (if ever before...), I can actually hear the quite hoarse voice of the late Bjørge Lillelien ringing in my ears. That must\'ve been the very pinnacle of his long sports reporting career, but we all loved him for his quite colorful (to say the least) expressions on various sports achievements by Norwegian athletes. We also have this one, uttered when some cross country skier was about to take the gold medal in some championship (I forgot who and when and where): \"Saken er biff, saken er kjøttkaker og ertesuppe - han tar gullet!!!\" Please correct me if this wasn\'t correct, ye other Lillelien fans!Collapse

Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Leve Lillelien! Apr 1, 2003

Hear hear, det var en mann som kunne slå om seg med ord og entusiasme! Rike og Carlsen blir bare tragiske i forhold (måtte de pensjoneres riktig snart).

Saken er biff osv. tror jeg kommer fra VM i Oslo i 82. Kan det ha vært innspurten til Berit Aunli, da hun vant 5-kilometern? Ellers var det vel Brå eller Formo tipper jeg.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Did it sound as good in the original?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »