Thread poster: Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)
Atenea Acevedo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2003

Dear colleagues,

I\'ve been trying to find a friend I met in Moscow back in 1990. We kept in touch for a few years but then lost track of each other. His name is Sergei/y Ageev and he\'s originally a musician, a pianist. He should be 30-32 years old and as far as I know still lives in Moscow.

I do know this is a long shot, but I\'d very much like to hear from him, we were very close at a certain point in our lives.

Thanks!!!
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I\'ve been trying to find a friend I met in Moscow back in 1990. We kept in touch for a few years but then lost track of each other. His name is Sergei/y Ageev and he\'s originally a musician, a pianist. He should be 30-32 years old and as far as I know still lives in Moscow.

I do know this is a long shot, but I\'d very much like to hear from him, we were very close at a certain point in our lives.

Thanks!!!

Atenea
Collapse

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
English to French
Maybe... Apr 16, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-15 17:28, milanek wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I do know this is a long shot, but I\'d very much like t... See more
Quote:

On 2003-04-15 17:28, milanek wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Thanks!!!

Atenea

...with losta luck. Based on a Google search, there is a xxx, living in Moskow, who left a note on a music recording web site\'s gestbook, in English:

Name: x xx

Email[email protected]

That sounds close enough for you to try send an email and see if that\'s really Mister Right, but it\'s quite old (97).

The url is xxx but no more info.

Good luck. May Google be with you.

(Gee, what a lucky guy!)

[ This Message was edited by: sylver on 2003-04-20 17:40] ▲ Collapse

Atenea Acevedo (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, sylver... Apr 17, 2003

...for your try AND your very kind words

Unfortunately I did try that one before, but it\'s way too old. However, it\'s very likely that this 1997 posting was his... Well, I\'ll keep my hopes high, true friendship is forever.

Greetings from Mexico City,

Atenea

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:25
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
PANIC ! Apr 18, 2003

When I left my country to inmigrate in Barcelona I left also standing there a few debts with my landlord and my bank.

I just simply do hope that nobody will help them to find me back through the Net giving informations found on google or any other way...

Hey Sylver !

Please kindly dont\'consider it as a critic, beacause I know you did it \"to help\", but also please do consider the risks of giving such kind of information...

<
... See more
When I left my country to inmigrate in Barcelona I left also standing there a few debts with my landlord and my bank.

I just simply do hope that nobody will help them to find me back through the Net giving informations found on google or any other way...

Hey Sylver !

Please kindly dont\'consider it as a critic, beacause I know you did it \"to help\", but also please do consider the risks of giving such kind of information...

By the way, anyone could help me finding my ex-wife/husband who left me 25 years ago with 6 children ??

See what I mean ?

Friendly,

Collapse

Atenea Acevedo (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
C'mon! Apr 18, 2003

Hi, Thierry,

Pleeeeeease, all that sylver did was run a Google search with \"Sergei Ageev,\" not provide any secret or risky information. Rest assured that e-mail address is no longer valid and actually it looks like I won\'t be able to get in touch with my friend, such is life.

Friendly too,

Atenea

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
English to French
Lol... Apr 20, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-18 00:03, evazerka wrote:

Hey Sylver !

Please kindly dont\'consider it as a critic, beacause I know you did i... See more
Quote:

On 2003-04-18 00:03, evazerka wrote:

Hey Sylver !

By the way, anyone could help me finding my ex-wife/husband who left me 25 years ago with 6 children ??

See what I mean ?

Friendly,

Hi Thierry,

Actually you are right to some degree, I should have replied privately on that one. True, it\'s on the net, but few people think of the obvious, and it\'s unthoughful of me to post it on an open forum. I am removing the data (even if no longer valid)

In this case, I felt kinda safe, because by the looks of it, Athenea probably hasn\'t got 6 kids.

Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:25
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sergey Ageev phones in to a radio station Apr 22, 2003

I\'ve been trawling through some Russian search engines, where there are numerous Sergey Ageevs, but the only faintly possible one is the following, though he is older than you say.

On 15th April 2001, several people phoned in to the radio station \"Ekho Moskvy\" (\"Moscow Echo\") on the occasion of the birthday of a singer named Alla Borisovna (her surname was not mentioned). One of the messages was as follows.

15th April 2001, 12.48 – Ser
... See more
I\'ve been trawling through some Russian search engines, where there are numerous Sergey Ageevs, but the only faintly possible one is the following, though he is older than you say.

On 15th April 2001, several people phoned in to the radio station \"Ekho Moskvy\" (\"Moscow Echo\") on the occasion of the birthday of a singer named Alla Borisovna (her surname was not mentioned). One of the messages was as follows.

15th April 2001, 12.48 – Sergey Ageev, Moscow

Anna Borisovna, I pray to God that you will be in as good voice on all your birthdays as you are today! I am 40 years old, and I first heard your voice at the age of about 14. I was in the bathroom, and suddenly, from the radio blaring away in the kitchen, I head a new, bright and pretty good song, but what simply amazed me was the beautiful voice of the singer, whose name I did not find out until some days later. The song was “Arlecchino”. Since then I have been following your artistic career with enthusiasm. I hope to hear new songs from you. I bow before your talent at pray God to give you good health.

Not all that likely that this is the one you are looking for, but I thought I\'d post it anyway, though even if it is, it still doesn\'t put you in touch with him.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ISO a dear Russian friend

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »