https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/10564-open_money_system_would_the_economy_prosper_or_perish.html

Off topic: Open Money System -- would the economy prosper or perish?
Thread poster: Egon
Egon
Egon
English to German
Apr 28, 2003

What do you think would happen - apart from increased justice - if we only had plastic money and a law, that would make the flow of money transparent for everyone?

So everyone could see who paid or got how much for what from whom.

Do you think it would make the economy prosper or perish?

I think it would prosper, because injustice is particularly harmfull when it is kept secret.
... See more
What do you think would happen - apart from increased justice - if we only had plastic money and a law, that would make the flow of money transparent for everyone?

So everyone could see who paid or got how much for what from whom.

Do you think it would make the economy prosper or perish?

I think it would prosper, because injustice is particularly harmfull when it is kept secret.

On the other hand it may turn out like communism: better in theory but worser in practice.

Anyway, it is simply a democratic decision.

Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:13
English to German
+ ...
Great Idea Apr 28, 2003

- you got my vote

Daniela Ballif (X)
Daniela Ballif (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:13
English to Albanian
+ ...
Nice... Apr 28, 2003

Just keep in mind that “you don’t get paid for what you know but for whom you know.”

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
English to French
Adam's fan club Apr 28, 2003

You could start an Adam Smith fan club.

The only problem is that this theory would require 100% transparence (unreachable), 100% disponibility, reject all and any quality differences from one provider to and other - or at least give a measurable method to compare different work\'s quality, take the influence of marketing and public relations out of the equation,...

Providing all the above unreacheable postu
... See more
You could start an Adam Smith fan club.

The only problem is that this theory would require 100% transparence (unreachable), 100% disponibility, reject all and any quality differences from one provider to and other - or at least give a measurable method to compare different work\'s quality, take the influence of marketing and public relations out of the equation,...

Providing all the above unreacheable postulates are met, that theory would work to a limited extent. Not really a panacea, I am afraid.
Collapse

Valters Feists
Valters Feists  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:13
English to Latvian
+ ...
Privacy is better; "black boxes" are natural Apr 29, 2003

I do not think many people would like to submit themselves to total snooping (Egon named it \"transparency\", \"increased justice\" -- no, please).

Similarly, mathematicians have proved that insurance system can only exist because not all data about those participating in it is available.

Egon
Egon
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Adams's fan club and natural black boxes Apr 29, 2003

The alternative is that only the government gets this information by people using credit cards, wire transfer etc.

... you prefer that?

Nevertheless, thanks for your contributions, they give me something to chew for a while

[ This Message was edited by: Egon on 2003-04-29 15:49]

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I agree, 'cause Jun 12, 2003

...it would be a mercy stroke for the maffia.

Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:13
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Open economy? Jun 28, 2003

mmh... I am not too sure about your last point, Egon... what I mean is, what you say is sort of... big brother, isn't it?

I see the many many problems with the current state of things, but I don't think that 100% transparency is reachable, on the one hand, and I think that the transparency would only afect the average guy, but in no way companies or the government.

Apart from that, I do believe it is a matter of privacy, why should anyone know what you buy? On the othe
... See more
mmh... I am not too sure about your last point, Egon... what I mean is, what you say is sort of... big brother, isn't it?

I see the many many problems with the current state of things, but I don't think that 100% transparency is reachable, on the one hand, and I think that the transparency would only afect the average guy, but in no way companies or the government.

Apart from that, I do believe it is a matter of privacy, why should anyone know what you buy? On the other hand, that gives cover to so many criminal networks, and government's dirty bussines...

My advice would be to get rid of capitalism first and then... mmh... no, my advice would be to find a better system than capitalism, and then to get rid of capitalism.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open Money System -- would the economy prosper or perish?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »