https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/11264-el_djezair_expression_of_sadness_and_condolences_to_our_algerian_colleagues.html

Off topic: El-Djezair - expression of sadness and condolences to our Algerian colleagues
Thread poster: Jean-Luc Dumont
Jean-Luc Dumont
Jean-Luc Dumont  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:32
English to French
+ ...
May 22, 2003

I would like to express my sadness and my condolences to our Algerian colleagues who may have relatives or friends in or near Algiers that were victims of the terrible quake that shook the Algerian capital city. I am French and have many friends from Algerian background, I share their concern and sorrow, Algeria does not need more suffering.

« ALGIERS, Algeria (May 22) - Rescue workers struggled to save survivors and international aid workers rushed to Algeria on Thursday a
... See more
I would like to express my sadness and my condolences to our Algerian colleagues who may have relatives or friends in or near Algiers that were victims of the terrible quake that shook the Algerian capital city. I am French and have many friends from Algerian background, I share their concern and sorrow, Algeria does not need more suffering.

« ALGIERS, Algeria (May 22) - Rescue workers struggled to save survivors and international aid workers rushed to Algeria on Thursday after the most devastating earthquake in two decades struck near the capital, killing nearly 1,000 people and injuring more than 5,000. »

Patricia Posadas had very kind words for our Turkish colleagues following the earth quake in eastern Turkey (I had no access to ProZ.com at the time so I could not add my words to hers – although Turkey has a special place in my heart since my father was born and grew up in Istanbul).

Sincerely,

JL

PS – not trying to pass for Mother Teresa here- just a human being citizen of the World.

[Edited at 2003-05-22 19:45]
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My condolences to our Algerian colleagues and Algerian people May 22, 2003

So sad... I offer my deepest sympathies to earthquake victims and their families. My heart goes to all the families who have lost their loved ones. May they find strength and peace from God during this time.

Sincerely,

Monika

[Edited at 2003-05-22 19:41]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thank you Jean-Luc May 22, 2003

I also have Algeria in my heart or to express it as a friend of mine does, I left a piece of my heart there, where I lived for nine years.

It\'s really sad. My condolences.

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Je compatis également May 22, 2003

Je me joins aux précédents intervenants pour exprimer à toute la communauté algérienne ici représentée et ailleurs, mes sentiments de profonde sympathie.

Sandra Jolicoeur,

Haïtienne

[Edited at 2003-05-23 02:11]

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:32
English to French
+ ...
Je me joins à mes collègues... May 22, 2003

dont le coeur est plus que virtuel!

Mes amitiés et courage aux colègues algériens.

Bruno Magne

POA - Brésil

Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:32
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Algerian friends: May 22, 2003

Be brave!

Warm regards from Argentina.

Valeria

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:32
Spanish
+ ...
My heart is also with Algeria May 23, 2003

I want to join my collegues in this thread of support to our Algerian friends. My heart and my mind is with you.

Regards,

Claudia

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Our humanity May 23, 2003

When confronted with the wrath of Nature, pain, suffering and death, all petty differences should be forgotten and we should remember our common humanity.

My deepest condolences to the earthquake´s victims ato their relatives and friends.

Enrique

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Energy and strength to all our friends there... May 23, 2003

Hello,

I was happy, in the midst of tragedy, to find out that my friend Rachid and his family were Ok.

Rachid (http://www.proz.com/translators/13062) lives in Malta but all his family is still in Algeria.

To those who are not as lucky as Rachid is, and still fight the despair of uncertainty:

a huge load of energy a
... See more
Hello,

I was happy, in the midst of tragedy, to find out that my friend Rachid and his family were Ok.

Rachid (http://www.proz.com/translators/13062) lives in Malta but all his family is still in Algeria.

To those who are not as lucky as Rachid is, and still fight the despair of uncertainty:

a huge load of energy and love.

JL

[Edited at 2003-05-23 01:47]
Collapse

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
My condolences to all Algerian people May 23, 2003

Chers collègues algériens, j\'espère que vous et vos familles êtes sains et saufs.

Pour les victimes de cette tragédie et leurs familles, courage, et toutes mes amitiés et mon affection.

murat Karahan
murat Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
My condolences to the Algerian people May 23, 2003

I know from experience that an earthquake doesn\'t only shake the earth.

My deepest condolences to you all.

René VINCHON (X)
René VINCHON (X)  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
De tout coeur avec le peuple algérien May 24, 2003

dans cette épreuve. Je me joins aux autres. Merci JL d'avoir ouvert ce topic.

nordine
nordine
Local time: 10:32
English to French
+ ...
Grand Merci May 28, 2003

Je ne sais s'il est covenable de vous dire merci dans pareilles circonstances, car toute sympathie de votre part ne m'étonne aucunment. Vos pensées nous touchent énormément. Je sais, ainsi que bien d'autres algériens, que nos amis se comptent par millions.

Mais rassurez-vous nous sommes de nature retive au malheur...nous panserons nos blessures et reconstruirons de nouveau et notre Algérie ne sera que meilleure.

Bonne nuit à tous

Nordine

International Translation Agency Ltd // (X)
International Translation Agency Ltd // (X)
Local time: 11:32
English to French
+ ...
A word of thanks Jun 14, 2003

I just want to say 'thank you' to all those who had a thought and an expression of sympathy toward the people of Algeria after the tragic earthquake that Northern parts of the country.

The Algerian people endured a lot over the last two decades, often in silence and solitude.

Your messages of sympathy are proof that we are not alone and that we belong to a large human family that cares.

My thoughts are also directed to other individuals and peoples who suf
... See more
I just want to say 'thank you' to all those who had a thought and an expression of sympathy toward the people of Algeria after the tragic earthquake that Northern parts of the country.

The Algerian people endured a lot over the last two decades, often in silence and solitude.

Your messages of sympathy are proof that we are not alone and that we belong to a large human family that cares.

My thoughts are also directed to other individuals and peoples who suffer in so many different ways.

Merci de tout coeur.

Rachid
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

El-Djezair - expression of sadness and condolences to our Algerian colleagues

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »