Off topic: Weekly radio speech. Know about it? Source of work?:-)
Thread poster: Felipe Gútiez

Felipe Gútiez  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:22
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 19, 2008

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/09/20080913.es.html

Did you know about this item? There is a weekly radio speech from the US President.
The Spanish translation of the last one is, in my humble opinion, not brilliant. I would be interested in knowing how are the translations in other languages. About the content I prefer not comment, but I just agree with this part:
Servir a los demás es más que un acto de generosidad. Es esencial a la salud de nuestra sociedad. Como cualquier voluntario le puede decir: cuando usted trae esperanza a las vidas de los demás, la vida que usted más enriquece casi siempre es la suya

The rest of the speech is not my thing, I must admit.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-19 08:57]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:22
Spanish
+ ...
Working for the US Government Sep 19, 2008

Working for the US Government usually requires Security Clearance, which, as far as I know, is only available to American citizens.

Edit: That would be for jobs that might grant the employee access to classified or security-related information

[Edited at 2008-09-19 07:39]

Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Security Clearance? Sep 19, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Working for the US Government usually requires Security Clearance, which, as far as I know, is only available to American citizens.

Edit: That would be for jobs that might grant the employee access to classified or security-related information

[Edited at 2008-09-19 07:39]

Necessary too for weekly radio speeches?

[Editado a las 2008-09-19 07:58]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:22
Spanish
+ ...
It depends on who assigns the job Sep 19, 2008

If the job is assigned by the White House or a Federal agency, I'm almost positive that Clearance is needed. If the job is assigned by the local newspaper, probably not.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
Where are other languages? Sep 19, 2008

I couldn't find a link. Are you sure there are other languages? Maybe it's translated into Spanish only - it's a US language, after all.

And as far as my knowledge is concerned, what Claudia says is correct. This is the official website, right? You would need clearance.

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
Only English and Spanish I think Sep 19, 2008

Özden Arıkan wrote:

I couldn't find a link. Are you sure there are other languages? Maybe it's translated into Spanish only - it's a US language, after all.

Looks like it's only available in English and Spanish.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/radio/

Regards,
Agnieszka

Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Özdem Sep 20, 2008

Özden Arıkan wrote:

And as far as my knowledge is concerned, what Claudia says is correct. This is the official website, right? You would need clearance.

I don´t remember exactly all the links I used to get there but there when I made click for this link, there were links in other languages than English and Spanish. I am sure.
I will try remembering.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weekly radio speech. Know about it? Source of work?:-)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search