Off topic: New York patisseries.
Thread poster: xxxMilena Bosco
xxxMilena Bosco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 6, 2008

Anyone could tell me what in his/her mind is the best italian patisserie in New York? (Manhattan). I often visit the one near 14th street.

I will visit friends soon and I would like to bring to them some "italian treat". Being homesick is not a nice thing.

Have a nice day.
Milena

[Edited at 2008-10-06 06:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Ferrara's Oct 6, 2008

Ferrara's, down in Little Italy, is an institution!

Enjoy

xxxMilena Bosco  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Patricia. Oct 6, 2008

I know Ferrara. I think it is more a bakery than a patisserie. They offer great cakes (especially if ordered in advance) and they have some italian specialities (cannoli, tiramisu etc.).
What my frieds are missing the most are small pastries that patisseries in Italy sell especially on Sundays. Those are tens of different mini pastries filled with custard, chantilly, ricotta cream etc.

Anyway I might consider ordering some pastries from Ferrara and then having a nice walk in that neighborhood.

Thank you,

Milena

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
change?? Oct 6, 2008

Maybe they have cut back on their offering.... The Ferrara's I knew (I lived in Greenwich Village over 15 years) offered a rather large selection of Italian patisseries and I'd often bring an assortment home!

My Italian bakery (Zito's, on Bleeker Street) closed, now if Ferrara's has changed..... Sigh.....

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New York patisseries.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search