Off topic: Looking for Flamenco courses in London to learn flamenco dancing
Thread poster: flamenco1
flamenco1
English
Nov 23, 2008

Could anyone recommend a good Flamenco school in London? Classes & accommodation seem to work out very expensive. Any advise? ...

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-11-23 08:25 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

diana bb  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:18
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
El mundo flamenco Nov 24, 2008

There's that shop in London, El Mundo Flamenco, selling flamenco guitars, CDs, DVDs, and clothes. Last time I was there, there were lots of notices about flamenco courses.
Give it a try.

http://www.elmundoflamenco.co.uk/

Good luck,
Diana

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Just north of Oxford Street Nov 24, 2008

Yes, I remember that shop, in one of those little streets running north from Oxford Street, I think. I bought my castanets there.
I used to take flamenco lessons in London several years ago - Hammersmith & Fulham Council used to organise evening classes (quite cheap at the time) in a secondary school in Lillie Road, and there was also an organisation called "Peña" that met on Sunday nights in a British Legion hall in Seven Dials (not far from Leicester Square). I expect it's still operating as the enthusiasm was massive. People there would know where classes are going on. Try Googling!
¡ Viva flamenco !
Abrazos,
Jenny

Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Flamenco lessons Nov 24, 2008

I asked my sister. She's a ballet dancer (classical and neoclassical) and used to live in London. She doesn't know where you can find a GOOD flamenco school in London, but she said that you could try at "Danceworks" close to Oxford St. and Bond St.

Good luck!

Maya_Roberts
English
Hey,see this... Nov 29, 2008

Before you decide to take lessons you should try watching some videos to see if you would even like it, http://www.bettycid.com/flamenco-videos.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Flamenco courses in London to learn flamenco dancing

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search