Florence Lesur  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:26
English to French
+ ...
Dec 4, 2008

[Français ci-dessous]

Hello,

My stepson the philatelist will turn 12 on December 22nd, and I was wondering if some kind souls out there could help me arrange an original gift and send him a nice postcard (duly stamped, naturally) wishing happy birthday in your native tongue?

Please contact me privately in English or French ([email protected]) for contact details, but feel free to discuss on the topic and idea here!

Thanks a bunch in advan
... See more
[Français ci-dessous]

Hello,

My stepson the philatelist will turn 12 on December 22nd, and I was wondering if some kind souls out there could help me arrange an original gift and send him a nice postcard (duly stamped, naturally) wishing happy birthday in your native tongue?

Please contact me privately in English or French ([email protected]) for contact details, but feel free to discuss on the topic and idea here!

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Florence

---

Bonsoir,

Le fils de mon mari, philatéliste à ses heures, aura 12 ans le 22 décembre prochain. Je me demandais si des âmes charitables parmi vous accepteraient de participer à une idée-cadeau originale en lui envoyant une carte postale (avec le timbre qui va avec, bien sûr) pour lui souhaiter bon anniversaire dans votre langue maternelle ?

Vous pouvez me contacter en privé - en français ou en anglais - ([email protected]) pour obtenir nos coordonnées, mais n'hésitez pas à discuter de l'idée ici.

Mille mercis d'avance,

Florence
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Exchange of stamps? Dec 5, 2008

My niece collects them as well, and I wondered whether some exchange of your idea could be combined with some kind of exchange of stamps. Not necessarily huge amounts, some stamps already would be fine.
For instance, I send the postcard you ask for reading the address of your stephson and wishes in my language and provided with a stamp in an enveloppe to your address. The enveloppe also contains some stamps which are common in my country, but not in yours. My niece is a grown up and just l
... See more
My niece collects them as well, and I wondered whether some exchange of your idea could be combined with some kind of exchange of stamps. Not necessarily huge amounts, some stamps already would be fine.
For instance, I send the postcard you ask for reading the address of your stephson and wishes in my language and provided with a stamp in an enveloppe to your address. The enveloppe also contains some stamps which are common in my country, but not in yours. My niece is a grown up and just likes stamps, so you return an enveloppe with some stamps of which you're sure your stephson has plenty of them. I hand over the stamps to my niece.
Good idea?

Florence:
Errr ... actually I mean I exchange stamps with you and just add a post card for your current initiative. You don't need to return some stamps immediately, the next months you might look whether the snail mail you receive carry stamps your stephson already has.

Alp: sorry I only collect some stamps in favor of my niece, although I do have some "old" coins from the pre-Euro Era and some special ones issued at the birth of a crown princess.

[Bijgewerkt op 2008-12-05 15:53 GMT]
Collapse

Alp Berker
Alp Berker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:26
Turkish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Count me in Dec 5, 2008

Hi Henk and Florence,
My twin 7 year old daughters would be interested. We can also add other items like coins etc. to this maybe that would be cheap and easy to ship. Other may have ideas on small things to exchange.
regards,
Alp Berker

Florence Lesur
Florence Lesur  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not with my stepson, unfortunately Dec 5, 2008

Hello Henk and Alp,

I don't think my stepson would be likely to participate to such exchanges. To make a long (and painful) story short, Mummy will never allow it. What my husband and I have in mind is an original one-off gift that shows we paid attention to his collecting stamps... without putting too much pressure on him (as we only see him every other weekend and half the holidays).

But exchanges are a great idea, and if some could stem from our posts, it would be fa
... See more
Hello Henk and Alp,

I don't think my stepson would be likely to participate to such exchanges. To make a long (and painful) story short, Mummy will never allow it. What my husband and I have in mind is an original one-off gift that shows we paid attention to his collecting stamps... without putting too much pressure on him (as we only see him every other weekend and half the holidays).

But exchanges are a great idea, and if some could stem from our posts, it would be fantastic. Being part of an international community can definitely be a plus in some respect.

Florence
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Timbres, stamps etc. for a 12-year-old kid

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »