Off topic: Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:47
German to English
Aug 27, 2003

Dear Prozies,
My parents are here and we are planning to spend a long weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun. and Mon.) in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, I am going to need to send and very possibly receive files over the Internet during this time period.
I am sure there on thousands of Internet cafés in the city, but it my experience with Internet cafes it is virtually impossible to be able to insert a disc in their computers to uphold and send a file or to download and save a file to disc.
Does anyone out there (in Amsterdam?) know of somewhere in the city where this can be done? I would really, really appreciate any helpful information.
I will have a laptop with me but I am not sure whether I will be able to use the hotel phone connenction for the modem or not.
Thanks,
Rebecca

Direct link Reply with quote

lien
Netherlands
Local time: 06:47
English to French
+ ...
Kinko Aug 27, 2003

Kinko's
Overtoom 62
1054HL Amsterdam

Tel: 020 5890910
Fax: 020 5890920
Email: overtoom@kinkos.nl

Here you can internetten, work, bring your own floppy to work with and print whatever you need. You buy time behind a computer that you can use as at home.

It is also open in the evenings.

Gideon van Zoest
Local time: 06:47
German to Dutch
+ ...
Why not using a virtual (hard)disk Aug 27, 2003

Having experienced the same kind of problems, I usually store my files at a virtual harddisk, i.e. in my Inbox (webmail). By doing so, I can access the files I need easyly and can also store incoming attachments etc.

Good luck!

Gideon

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 00:47
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 28, 2003

Thank you very much Lien and Gideon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search