Off topic: Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 20:32
German to English
Aug 27, 2003

Dear Prozies,
My parents are here and we are planning to spend a long weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun. and Mon.) in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, I am going to need to send and very possibly receive files over the Internet during this time period.
I am sure there on thousands of Internet cafés in the city, but it my experience with Internet cafes it is virtually impossible to be able to insert a disc in their computers to uphold and send a file or to download and save a file to disc.
Does anyone out there (in Amsterdam?) know of somewhere in the city where this can be done? I would really, really appreciate any helpful information.
I will have a laptop with me but I am not sure whether I will be able to use the hotel phone connenction for the modem or not.
Thanks,
Rebecca

Direct link Reply with quote

lien
Netherlands
Local time: 02:32
English to French
+ ...
Kinko Aug 27, 2003

Kinko's
Overtoom 62
1054HL Amsterdam

Tel: 020 5890910
Fax: 020 5890920
Email: overtoom@kinkos.nl

Here you can internetten, work, bring your own floppy to work with and print whatever you need. You buy time behind a computer that you can use as at home.

It is also open in the evenings.

Gideon van Zoest
Local time: 02:32
German to Dutch
+ ...
Why not using a virtual (hard)disk Aug 27, 2003

Having experienced the same kind of problems, I usually store my files at a virtual harddisk, i.e. in my Inbox (webmail). By doing so, I can access the files I need easyly and can also store incoming attachments etc.

Good luck!

Gideon

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 20:32
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 28, 2003

Thank you very much Lien and Gideon!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Internet Access in Amsterdam

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search