Off topic: How to deal with an overpopulated planet in a non violent manner
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:19
English to French
+ ...
Jun 11, 2009

I got this link in my inbox today and thought I'd share. I have my own problems with rowdy and sometimes less than hygienic neighbours and I thought this link provides non violent alternatives to taking revenge.

If you work in-house, this will be especially useful. You may not be in my situation, but you can at least have a laugh.icon_wink.gifhttp://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Just a little taste:

Sara Mullin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:19
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Perfect timing Jun 11, 2009

Thanks Viktoria,
I had a much needed laugh at this!

My husband and I are in the middle of composing a letter to our oh, so wonderful new neighbours who bought the flat upstairs and are quickly making friends with all of their new neighbours.

They've been completely renovating their flat for 6 weeks now and counting (apparently 2 more weeks to go). Lucky for me (the only person to work from home in our building), I have the unique opportunity to practice tuning out noise all day long. And lucky for everyone else who misses out on all the fun during the day, the noise intensifies after 5pm, on weekends, and on holidays when all of their friends and family come to make music with hammers and saws.

Perhaps after checking out this website, we'll switch to a more passive aggressive styleicon_wink.gif Or just leave a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" in their mailbox.

Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:19
Italian to English
Fantastic!!! Jun 12, 2009

Thanks so much Victoria - having shared many flats in my time, I can fully empathise with various notes on there *rolls eyes*icon_smile.gif

Brilliant!

[Edited at 2009-06-12 09:32 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with an overpopulated planet in a non violent manner

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search