Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 06:28
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2009

Dear all,

as an astronomy fan I want to remind everybody to take a minute or two off and look at the sky on 12/13 avgust 2009.Today you may see thousand of meteorits (appears every year at the same time). This might be a good opportunity to take a small rest and have a nice time

For more information see in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

Nice greetings from Slovenia
Tjasa

Direct link Reply with quote

Nisreen Barakat  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 07:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
time Aug 12, 2009

Thank you

what time will that take place in Belgium?

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 00:28
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Beautiful Aug 12, 2009

I stepped outside last night and was greeted by a velvety sky literally loaded with sparkling, twinkling stars, and remembered that August is a good time to look for shooting stars - and just then, one flew across the top of our house. It's a beautiful way to relax and enjoy the splendour of Nature.

Nancy

Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
seen yesterday in USA/safety Aug 12, 2009

My friends in the United States reported that the have seen them yesterday near midnight. In Europe it might be probably strong today aprroximately at the same time. Hope we get a fine weather tonight and the clouds which are currently covering the capital of Slovenia will disappear. Otherwise it wought a pity, as this is really a wonderful event.

Please remember to keep yourself on a safety place, dont stand on the middle of the road ( I know you wont, but just in case you are too enthusiastic)))

Andrea Teltemann  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
French to German
+ ...
@ colleagues who speak German Aug 12, 2009

This reminds me of a friend of mine (English native speaker) who - we were talking in German - said he had seen a "scheißender Stern"... )

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Northern Hemisphere Aug 12, 2009

Unfortunately those of us in the Southern Hemisphere aren't able to see them...

Enjoy!

L

Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Tune in to space radio Aug 12, 2009

And don't forget, if you can't see the Perseids due to cloud cover, you could always listen to them. Tune in to spaceweatherradio.com/ and listen to space rock (he he)

xxxhazmatgerman
English to German
@Teltemann Aug 14, 2009

lovely, isn't it.
Regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

12/13 avgust 2009 : falling stars/meteorits

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search