Off topic: Eva cassidy
Thread poster: GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:15
English to French
Oct 20, 2003

I have recently discovered this singer whom I didn't know before. In France, I had never heard of her magnificent singer. I think she was not known before her early death in 33. She sang well-known songs with a sensitive touch. The songs 'Time after time', 'Somewhere over the rainbow' are worth listening to. It's a pity that those rare artists are not known when alive.
Well, it was just a 'coup de coeur'...
Listen to her..., it'll make you shiver)))

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same thing here... Oct 20, 2003

I have recently discovered this singer whom I didn't know before.

I discovered her about a year ago, and then I was shocked when I got to know about her death. Her version of "Wonderful World" is lovely. And if you like blues, try "Stormy Monday" (They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad)

P.

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Fields of Gold Oct 20, 2003

is one of my all-time favourites, she beats Sting's version hands-down. It always makes me go all snuffly, especially the bit
"But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in the fields of gold"

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
English to German
May I make another recommendation? Oct 20, 2003

GILLES MEUNIER wrote:
It's a pity that those rare artists are not known when alive.

I also love Eva Cassidy as here in the UK we were lucky that a BBC Radio 2 presenter came across her music and was so impressed he played her so much and people kept asking "Who is this artist?". If I'm not mistaken Radio 2 helped raise her profile tremendously, sadly this didn't happen till after her death.

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to recommend a Scottish singer whom I've been a fan of for many years but who hasn't had the recognition that her fans think she deserves - though she is known in Germany, the Netherlands etc. as well and has just performed several gigs in New York!

Her name is Horse MacDonald and you can find out more about her on her web site www.horse-randan.com.

There are listening samples to download and various message boards for Horse News, General Chat, Questions for Horse etc.

I hope some of you will discover this wonderful artist.

sparkie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Eva cassidy

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »