Off topic: Embracing Your Love Affair with Chocolate
Thread poster: Borana Moisiu
Borana Moisiu
Albania
Local time: 09:10
English to Albanian
+ ...
Oct 24, 2003

If you love chocolate as much as I do, then you might like this article. Enjoy it (the chocolate, of course)

By now we've all heard the news about dark chocolate. The antioxidants - phenols and flavonoids - found in dark chocolate may offer protection against heart disease. In addition, cocoa butter - a saturated fat - may have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels. A number of chemically active compounds in dark chocolate can improve mood and pleasure by boosting serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain. And consuming dark chocolate may slow the oxidation of LDL ("bad") cholesterol.

Chocolate's blend of sugar, fat, seductive aroma and smooth texture make it addictive to some, and stimulants found in it, such as caffeine and theobromine, can make chocolate especially crave-worthy. Be aware, however, that milk chocolate is not as heart healthy as dark chocolate. It contains more fat and sugar and less cocoa and antioxidants. White chocolate, which is actually not chocolate at all, is no more than a mix of fat, milk and sugar.

By eating dark chocolate on special occasions, and choosing candies that list chocolate (or chocolate liquor, cocoa or cacao) as the first ingredient, you can enjoy its benefits without guilt. When you're indulging, savor the flavor and the texture. Try to note the effects it has on your body. Most importantly, enjoy yourself.

By Dr. A. Weil

Direct link Reply with quote

James Hollander  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
Ah, that divine indulgence Oct 24, 2003

Greetings,
As another chocolate fiend like yourself, I was pleased to see there are good health reasons to not feel guilty about total surrounder to that heavenly elixir.

Although the sheer quantities of my choco-habit have tapered off somewhat in recent years, very little can match dark chocolate (w/ at least 50% cocoa) with coffee; after that, with a small cigar or two afterwards, I can translate all night!.

With sinful pleasure,
James.

[Edited at 2003-10-24 11:08]

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Okay, okay, okay, I can't stand it any more..... Oct 24, 2003

I'll have to go and have some. For health reasons, of course. Nothing to do with any chocoholism at all - oh no

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Thank you Borana Oct 24, 2003

That was just in time for the holidays.
Lots of chocolatty love,
Monika

Borana Moisiu wrote:

If you love chocolate as much as I do, then you might like this article. Enjoy it (the chocolate, of course)

By now we've all heard the news about dark chocolate. The antioxidants - phenols and flavonoids - found in dark chocolate may offer protection against heart disease. In addition, cocoa butter - a saturated fat - may have a beneficial effect on cholesterol levels. A number of chemically active compounds in dark chocolate can improve mood and pleasure by boosting serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain. And consuming dark chocolate may slow the oxidation of LDL ("bad") cholesterol.

Chocolate's blend of sugar, fat, seductive aroma and smooth texture make it addictive to some, and stimulants found in it, such as caffeine and theobromine, can make chocolate especially crave-worthy. Be aware, however, that milk chocolate is not as heart healthy as dark chocolate. It contains more fat and sugar and less cocoa and antioxidants. White chocolate, which is actually not chocolate at all, is no more than a mix of fat, milk and sugar.

By eating dark chocolate on special occasions, and choosing candies that list chocolate (or chocolate liquor, cocoa or cacao) as the first ingredient, you can enjoy its benefits without guilt. When you're indulging, savor the flavor and the texture. Try to note the effects it has on your body. Most importantly, enjoy yourself.

By Dr. A. Weil

Diogo Santos
Local time: 08:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nice! Oct 24, 2003

Thank you Borana,
I'm thinking about changing my rates into chocolate bars! Imagine: 1 chocolate bar per word!, but how would I buy the rest of the stuff I need? Oh... cruel world.

Regards from Portugal,
Diogo Santos

Amy Duncan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:10
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks, Dr. Weil! Oct 26, 2003

Thanks for giving me a good excuse to indulge my favorite passion, chocolate! Ever since I read about this I have made sure to have a sizeable hunk of semi-sweet chocolate after my main meal each day...goodbye guilt, forever!

Amy, the original chocolate FIEND!!

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ha! Oct 28, 2003

Just got back from Brussels with a couple of kilos of contraband...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Embracing Your Love Affair with Chocolate

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search