Off topic: What makes a perfect start of your business day?
Thread poster: Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 09:33
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 31, 2003

Dear colleagues,

What makes a perfect start of your business day (a coup of tea/coffee, specific song/music, a good business offer, your spouse leaving home for his/her office...)?

Seadeta

A.Đapo
A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
A strong cup of coffee Oct 31, 2003

For me it is a strong cup of coffee and a half an hour of silence with a good book.

Maria Belarra
Maria Belarra  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Time Oct 31, 2003

Getting up early enough to and spend as much time as I feel like in the shower and drink slowly my cup of coffee.
I rarely do, I live in a hurry.(

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 03:33
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Proz Poetry Oct 31, 2003

...makes me laugh out loud.

http://www.proz.com/topic/14347

Nancy

Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
my 2 cents Oct 31, 2003

Getting up not too early, having a cup of coffee and reading e-mails from friends. That's it.

Martine Etienne
Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
I have strange habits :) Oct 31, 2003

I take a good breakfeast with the girls and then start an hour round to bring them to school. Then I am back at home, I take a huge cup of coffee, undress and go back to bed for something like an hour. An then the day can start at 11:00 and I start working. I produce a better work in the afternoon and I cannot go to bed earlier than 2 o'clock. So impossible to have a good day without having a lazy hour or two in bed in the morning.<... See more
I take a good breakfeast with the girls and then start an hour round to bring them to school. Then I am back at home, I take a huge cup of coffee, undress and go back to bed for something like an hour. An then the day can start at 11:00 and I start working. I produce a better work in the afternoon and I cannot go to bed earlier than 2 o'clock. So impossible to have a good day without having a lazy hour or two in bed in the morning.

So my day starts 2 times : one at 6 1/2 with husband and daughters and the second at 11:00.
;););)
Collapse

IsaPro
IsaPro  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
My day cannot start better Oct 31, 2003

than with the smile of my sons !
For the moment they are at their grandparents and I miss them so much !!!
I suppose every mother and father can understand what I mean !

Joeri Van Liefferinge
Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Simple things... Oct 31, 2003

The knowledge that I will have my wife and son with me all day.
The knowledge that, when I'm having breakfast in the kitchen, I'm only ten steps away from the office.
The knowledge I won't have to spend 2.5 hours in the train that day like I used to when I was a wage slave.
And, of course, a huge cup of coffee.

[Edited at 2003-10-31 14:36]

[Edited at 2003-10-31 14:37]

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:33
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The smell of white coffee, toasts... Oct 31, 2003

while checking emails, reading the forums with some music on the background.

Of course, I do all this once I've driven my kids to school. Sometimes going back to bed for an early nap to be able to face the usual hectic day!!!

Regards!
Andrea

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:33
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My days... Oct 31, 2003

I start the day with my son's kisses and hugs. Then I take him to preeschool (a nice twelve minute walk, both ways.) Then I start reading emails and finally, start working.
Of course, this is a normal day for me. At times, I start working before my son wakes up. These days are stressful days, and my husband gets to do all the fun stuff with my son (getting him ready and taking him to preschool.) During these days I just take short breaks, watching my fish in our living room and the birds i
... See more
I start the day with my son's kisses and hugs. Then I take him to preeschool (a nice twelve minute walk, both ways.) Then I start reading emails and finally, start working.
Of course, this is a normal day for me. At times, I start working before my son wakes up. These days are stressful days, and my husband gets to do all the fun stuff with my son (getting him ready and taking him to preschool.) During these days I just take short breaks, watching my fish in our living room and the birds in the balcony. It very relaxing for me to watch my fish. By the way, we found out that we had 8 new-born baby fish in the tank yesterday and we are so excited. They are so fun to watch. We will try to catch them tonight and put them from the big 50-gallon tank to a smaller 5-gallon tank, so the big fish won't eat (accidentaly?) the baby ones. It will be so much fun tonight!
Monika

Seadeta Osmani wrote:

Dear colleagues,

What makes a perfect start of your business day (a coup of tea/coffee, specific song/music, a good business offer, your spouse leaving home for his/her office...)?

Seadeta

[Edited at 2003-10-31 16:42]
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Two different ways... Oct 31, 2003

I have two different ways of starting my day.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I crawl out of bed and head off to the gym for a workout. Then I get back home, work for an hour before lunch and then hit the afternoon/evening shift.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I crawl out of bed and head downstairs to my office and get straight to work.

That being said, I generally can't even make it out of bed without my wonderful husband bringing me a cup of tea (Tetley's,
... See more
I have two different ways of starting my day.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I crawl out of bed and head off to the gym for a workout. Then I get back home, work for an hour before lunch and then hit the afternoon/evening shift.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I crawl out of bed and head downstairs to my office and get straight to work.

That being said, I generally can't even make it out of bed without my wonderful husband bringing me a cup of tea (Tetley's, with milk, steaming hot - in a pint mug!).

Alison
Collapse

Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Nov 1, 2003

... all for sharing your habits and opening your privacy door to others. I asked this question just because I used to have slow mornings a few years ago and as work increased, my habits had to change-- there's no time for slow breakfasts, reading for hours,... Of course, support of my loved ones is something which helps me get up in the morning.

Thanks once again!
Seadeta

giogi
giogi
Local time: 08:33
a glass of fresh water! Nov 1, 2003

Giovanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What makes a perfect start of your business day?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »