Off topic: CAT resources available now to maltese freelance translators
Thread poster: Tiziana Caruana

Tiziana Caruana
English to Maltese
Feb 7, 2010

Hi everyone,

I am a Maltese student currently doing a Master in Translation at the University of Malta. At the moment I am doing a research and I thought maybe I would find some help here from you. Especially, from those who are Maltese freelance translators.

Basically, I am trying to find whether Maltese freelance translators have enough CAT resources to help them when translating in Maltese. The questions I would like to pose are:

At the moment is it difficult to find CAT resources to help you in your job?

Is there a good maltese terminology to make use of?

Is it worth it to make use of machine translation? If there isn't one specifically with Maltese involved, how do you cope?

I would really appreciate anyone who could answer these questions I put forward because I think it would be a good kick off for the research I'm doing. But, apart from this, I am curious about how much my native language (Maltese) is portrayed in CAT resources. And, whether it needs to be updated more for its own development and for future maltese translators.

Thsnk a lot,
Tiziana Caruana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT resources available now to maltese freelance translators

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search