lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:57
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

Hi,
Do you know any good websites to find long term affordable accommodation in Portugal (Lisbon or surroundings)? Or do you have any other tips? (newspapers with ads, personal experiences to share etc.) Any advice is welcome. If you prefer, you can send me a private message! Thank you.

Jennifer Gordon Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:57
Member (2008)
Czech to English
+ ...
Try this... Apr 7, 2010

Hi Laura,

The website casa.sapo.pt is a good place to look. It has places from private landlords and agencies.

I know it differs from country to country, so here it is useful to know that if you find something via an agency, you don't pay them any extra fees (they are paid by the landlord). Remax is a big agency here and has a good website too.

There are various expat websites, but nothing I've found in the past has had much, especially for the Lisbon area, as most expats tend to live in other areas.

Good luck!

Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Lisboa only? Apr 7, 2010

Do you want it only in Lisboa?

Ligia

lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:57
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 7, 2010

Hi Jenny,

good to know that! I usually avoid agencies exactly for that reason.

Hi Ligia,

Yes, at the moment I'm more interested in the Lisbon area.

Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi again Laura Apr 7, 2010

I asked because I live in Porto, and I could find one easily for you in a nice area.

In Lisboa, that is another thing.

Although casa.sapo is a good place to look I believe the most complete place to look is bpiimobiliario.pt. It gathers ALL the accomodation to sell and to rent from ALL the agencies. At the botton of each apartment, you have the contacts responsible to letting that house.

If you need anything else, do not hesitate to drop a line.

Best!

Ligia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Housing in Portugal - Lisbon area

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search