Off topic: New words for this new world (or creativity in language) - Laugh your heads off
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT
| | Luisa Ramos, CT
Local time: 13:30
English to Spanish
Amazing how creative some people can be.
NEW WORDS FOR THIS NEW WORLD
1. Cashtration: The act of buying (or building) a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an ass.
3 Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize that it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone: The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of having sex.
7. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
8. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
11. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease.
12. Karmageddon: It's like when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, and then the Earth explodes and it's a serious bummer.
13. Decafalon: The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
14. Glibido: All talk and no action.
15. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
16. Arachnoleptic Fit: The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
17. Beelzebug: Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
18. Caterpallor: The color you turn after finding half of a worm in the fruit you're eating.
| || |
| | Mailand
Local time: 19:30
Italian to German
A humorous injection into an otherwise pretty dull day ....
| | Rebekka Groß (X)
Local time: 18:30
English to German
Local time: 14:30
Portuguese to English
| A new addition || May 13, 2010 |
SCREENAGER: a teenager addicted to the Internet.
| | Tamás Donát
Local time: 19:30
English to Hungarian
Contraconceptive = a pill that makes you lose your ideas
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
New words for this new world (or creativity in language) - Laugh your heads off
|For clarity and excellence|
WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.
More info »
|SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance|
|The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.|
SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new
More info »