Off topic: Wedding wishes in Danish please
Thread poster: Ana Cuesta

Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:52
English to Spanish
Jul 15, 2010

My brother is getting married to a Dane in Danemark and I would like to include some sort of Wedding wishes in Danish in a card to send along with their gift, but I am getting a bit lost searching in Google...

Would something like TILLYKKE MED BRYLLUPSDAGEN be ok? Would you suggest something else? (with translation into English, please).

Thanks a lot in advance and apologies for not posting this in Kudoz but since is outside my language pair and I wasn't able to post it there.

Brian Young  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:52
Danish to English
Go for it! Jul 15, 2010

That one there is pretty standard, "congratulations with the wedding day" or really, congratulations on your wedding. It works pretty well. I married a Dane, and someone said that to me, and it is still working, 45 years later.

NetLynx  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Yes! Jul 15, 2010

Yes, Ana,

This is very fine, and should you want to include a few more words in Danish, a lot of us would be happy to be of any help.

Your question suggests that you are not participating, but do visit Denmark and your brother and sister-in-law some time.

Best wishes
Erik

Ana Cuesta  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful Jul 16, 2010

Thanks so much to you both!

I will indeed be attenting the ceremony at Saeby, but the gift is not something I could easily take into the plane with me and so I am sending it before hand.

Best, Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wedding wishes in Danish please

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search