...of translations, here is "something" nice to see and hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhmFSV-XB0

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 16:32
German to Serbian
+ ...
Nice. Aug 14, 2010

Certainly a very powerful voice in a tiny young girl.

I prefer this one, I think this girl is genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEo5H97CLM

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:32
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Wonderful Aug 15, 2010

István Hirsch wrote:

...of translations, here is "something" nice to see and hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhmFSV-XB0

I never expected that a small girl can do this!

Best regards
Soonthon Lupkitaro

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Fake? Aug 15, 2010

If you move your head so much like in this recording the voice would change too. You can experience this in karaoke. So this does not sound natural to me. A bit like Who's talkin now?
Regards
Heinrich

Veronica Lupascu  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to Romanian
+ ...
I think it's not fake Aug 15, 2010

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

If you move your head so much like in this recording the voice would change too. You can experience this in karaoke. So this does not sound natural to me. A bit like Who's talkin now?
Regards
Heinrich

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnQ-e1wU0wQ&feature=related

freddy7  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
agree with both of you Aug 15, 2010

The stage performance looks VERY fake.

Her voice seems much more natural on the home recording, but with very little power.

I tend to think that the stage performance is a recording of her own voice, but with lots of processing.

Fred.

Veronica Lupascu  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to Romanian
+ ...
This is certainly not fake Aug 15, 2010

Emily Bear, called "the next Mozzart". Now she is a genius for sureicon_smile.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdZx1oIgAHk

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
Depends Aug 15, 2010

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Regards
Heinrich

Depend what kind of microphone and which equipment you use, and in this case is absolutely possible (has a lot of compressor too).

Regards

Liv Fridtjofsen  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Of course she is real Aug 15, 2010

She is just wonderful!!!

whither has fle
France
French to English
magnificent! Aug 15, 2010

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have listened 5 times already. The girl is real. Very beautiful interpretation too. Her sensitivity is extraordinary.

Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:32
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Not "fake" Aug 15, 2010

Her voice is so pure and natural, not like the other little girl, Bianca, who is more of a "Broadway belter."

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not fake... Aug 16, 2010

...but every time I see a child performing as an adult (just see how unnaturally measured every movement, pose, and position is in her during and after the performance) I cannot help wondering how much of that is natural talent and how much was imposed to her with hard work and unkind gestures, to limits that will be damaging for this person's mental health in the long run. We have seen enough examples of kids with ruined lives as a result of being the moment's "natural wonder" (BTW: the only mentally healthy natural wonder I know is Steve Wonder).

Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
Double ditto. Aug 16, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

...but every time I see a child performing as an adult (just see how unnaturally measured every movement, pose, and position is in her during and after the performance) I cannot help wondering how much of that is natural talent and how much was imposed to her with hard work and unkind gestures, to limits that will be damaging for this person's mental health in the long run. We have seen enough examples of kids with ruined lives as a result of being the moment's "natural wonder" (BTW: the only mentally healthy natural wonder I know is Steve Wonder).

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
German to Serbian
+ ...
For example, M. Jackson Aug 16, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Yes, that's true.

Another problem is that, more often than not, we see parents of these kids treating them as some kind of long-term business investment. That's a pressure that shouldn't be imposed on a small child.

On the other hand, you can't do anything to deny/ignore a true talent. It will find its own way to open up to the world. It's those kids that will be driven by their talent and won't be able to stop practicing, because it's an essential part of them. That's another logical perspective.

[Edited at 2010-08-16 12:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you are tired...

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search