https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/181958-for_anyone_who_has_ever_used_a_low_cost_airline.html

Off topic: For anyone who has ever used a low-cost airline...
Thread poster: Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 05:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2010

http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=lxt5nrnrscea

Cheers

Noni

Another link to the same, without Spanish subtitles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&v=ZAg0lUYHHFc

[Edited at 2010-10-03 11:49 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Now I have to ask... Oct 3, 2010

Given my limited knowledge of the English language, may I ask the native speakers whether "feck-e-dee" is an onomatopoeia for the sound made by a piece of luggage being put in the wrong baggage claim belt?

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
LOL Tomás Oct 3, 2010

F*ck (with an e) is f*ck with an Irish accent.

F*ckity (with an e) is a multi-function word, somewhat akin to f*cking (with a u) - although f*cking (with an e) does exist, and can be an adjective ("one of those feckity 70s picture windows" - clearly an opinion adjective, hence its position at the head of the adjectives), a noun ("does anyone know what the f*ckity has happened here?") and, most commonly, an adverb, as in "f*ckity f*ck", in which case it is an intensifier.

... See more

F*ckity (with an e) is a multi-function word, somewhat akin to f*cking (with a u) - although f*cking (with an e) does exist, and can be an adjective ("one of those feckity 70s picture windows" - clearly an opinion adjective, hence its position at the head of the adjectives), a noun ("does anyone know what the f*ckity has happened here?") and, most commonly, an adverb, as in "f*ckity f*ck", in which case it is an intensifier.

Clear?!? Wonder if there's an article in this...

At least I feel reasonably confident that no-one is going to accuse me of using bad language.

Edited to remove an errant and revelatory vowel.

[Edited at 2010-10-03 14:57 GMT]
Collapse

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
funnier than the video Oct 3, 2010

aceavila - Noni wrote:

Clear?!? Wonder if there's an article in this...

At least I feel reasonably confident that no-one is going to accuse me of using bad language.

Edited to remove an errant and revelatory vowel.

[Edited at 2010-10-03 14:57 GMT]

RLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for brightening my Sunday, Noni!

JPW (X)
JPW (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
That's cheered me up on a Monday morning Oct 4, 2010

It's funny coz it's basically true and...

Great explanation of the expletives from Noni

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Hilarious Oct 4, 2010

Thanks Noni!
A couple of days ago I booked a flight with a low-cost airline and yelled F*CK (yes, with an E, I live in Northern Ireland) when I discovered the cost of checking in one bag... the flight was 70 euro and they charged 22 euro for one bag. Insane! I'll stuff it all in my small trolley..
Thanks again for the laugh!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For anyone who has ever used a low-cost airline...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »