Off topic: Advice requested from people living in France
Thread poster: Susan Andrew
Susan Andrew
Local time: 15:13
Spanish to English
Oct 22, 2010

Hello all,

I'm due to go to France for a week, setting off this weekend. I'm planning to go to a small town about an hour or so inland from Calais. I'm going with a group of friends but a couple of them are concerned about the situation regarding petrol, supplies etc.

So, I'd like to ask anyone living in France how bad the situation really is, I recognise that it's probably quite different for those in Paris so any information from people living in small towns in the north of the coutnry would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Susan.

Direct link Reply with quote

France COURREGES  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Interactive map Oct 22, 2010

On that link
http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/130933/la-carte-interactive-des-stations-service-a-sec/
you will find an interactive map of the "empty" filling stations.

No problem with other supplies, as far as I know.

Hope this helps.
France

Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:13
French to English
+ ...
Info Oct 22, 2010

I'm not in France, but there's some info here about availability of petrol:

http://www.france24.com/fr/20101019-france-penurie-carburant-essence-guide-survie-automobilistes-site-internet-twitter

You might want to find out who's running your boats between the mainland and the island you're going to and decide what chance they have of striking...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice requested from people living in France

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search