Thread poster: Aurora Humarán
Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I am conducting a research on translation sites. The results from said research will be published in a list of translators' e-magazine (Uacinos). They will also be used for another project I am working on together with José Luis. Due to a confidentiality agreement I cannot disclose information about the latter.
However, once the two projects are completed and published, I am more than willing to share the information with those interested.

Questions to be answered:

What translators' sites and/or lists do you participate in?
How does ProZ.com compare with other sites? (Pros & cons)
How long have you been in ProZ.com?
How much do you estimate ProZ.com has helped you earn?
(0 - 500 USD? 500 – 1,000 USD? 1,000 - 2,500 USD? 2,500 – 5,000 USD? 5,000 – 10,000 USD? over 10,000 USD?)

Needless to say, I requested Henry`s ok to post this topic.

I strongly believe this information is useful for all of us. Please, send your answers to aurora@alephtranslations.com or joseluis@alephtranslations.com

Let us tackle this issue directly and without creating useless controversies.

I don’t need anybody ‘to sell’ ProZ.com to me. 100% of my international clients came through this site (be it through bids or through networking.) Let me share with you the fact that I know the site and with the passing of time I have learnt a lot here, to profit even more: how to deal with international clients, how to bid, etc. All that I learnt from you.

I keep on highlighting the importance of sharing information. Let us take advantage of this opportunity we have. Bubbles are over. Translators no longer are isolated. Let us profit from the exchange of information/points of view.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Au

IMPORTANT:

This thread is locked because we prefer to receive replies offline.

[Edited at 2004-02-24 11:27]

Direct link

Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Second call Feb 25, 2004

Hi guys!

Many many many thanks to all of those who have already sent their comments.

Nevertheless, the sample population is still not large enough.

I am posting this to resurface the thread just in case it got buried by the new ones.

Thanks again to my dear colleagues who took time to answer my questions.

I insist that if, for any reason, you don`t want to answer ALL the questions at least do answer the ones you are willing to or can answer.

Remember I am not a taxing authority Information will be CONFIDENTIAL, this is just an analysis of an important tool: translation sites.

Thank you.

Au

[Edited at 2004-02-25 12:34]

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on Translation Sites - Survey

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search