Ligia Dias Costa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:54
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 6, 2011

Hi all,

I am planning on going to London in May, with my husband and my 11 year old boy. Can someone reccommend me a good hotel, in the centre of London not too expensive?

Thanks a million and have a great Sunday!

Ligia

Paula Dana Szabados  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:54
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
St.Giles Mar 6, 2011

Hi Ligia,

I stayed here four years ago and it was ok, though the rooms are small. But it is central.

http://centrallondon.stgiles.com/default.aspx?pg=hotel

Dana

Ricardo Gouveia  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:54
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Holiday Inn Mar 6, 2011

I personally recommend this hotel chain, there are many Holiday Inn hotels and they are great and everything you need, everything clean and in good condition - in fact, that was my main problem when I went last holidays to London. Most hotels I saw in the Internet that fitted my budget had reasonable reviews, but when I saw them on youtube amateur videos, there were rats, unwalkable rooms, everything unclean, used condoms on the floor and so on.
We ended up in the only Holiday Inn in Zones 1-2 that was still available, and found it great. It was in the Wandsworth area, but I am sure there are more, it had the train station and buses to the center very near.

We used a bus to Victoria and it took us 15-20 minutes from the hotel to get to Piccadilly Circus or Waterloo.

Good luck and enjoy your trip to the most amazing city my eyes have seen. ^^

[Editado em 2011-03-06 20:59 GMT]

Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sites Mar 11, 2011

Dear Lígia,

I am not familiar with London, except on day trips, as my family is based in Coventry, but here are two sites (in Portuguese) that may be a help:

www.leros.co.uk

Click on Páginas Verde-Amarelas and then Acomodação/Alojamento

www.oilondres.com.br
Telephone São Paulo ++ 55 11 3285-5523

Click on Hotéis

http://www.visitlondon.com/accommodation/ (in English)

I agree with Ricardo that London is a great city, but probably only the second "most amazing" after Rio de Janeiro.

I hope this has helped.

PAUL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accomodation in London

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search