Off topic: An interesting blog
Thread poster: Paul Dixon

Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:41
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 9, 2011

I have just come across an interesting blog that I would like to share. Not translation-related in any way, it tells the story of a girl aged 15 who has terminal cancer. She mentions her wish list, of things she would like to do, and also campaigns for more bone marrow transplants. (There are no gory pictures or anything like that).

The site: http://alicepyne.blogspot.com/

As she herself says, "(...) there are so many things I still want to do in my life ... some are possible, some will remain a dream. My blog is to document this precious time with my family and friends, doing the things I want to do. You only have one life".

PAUL

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Take a minute... Jun 10, 2011

...to read this blog. I came across it through another source, and it's really worth a read. Her kid sister is running in a cancer research fundraiser this Sunday and she lists her sister's page so you can support her if you'd like. Thanks to readers, Alice is actually going to get to do some of the things on her list before she "has to go", as she says. I've found her words to be far more inspiring than sad.

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Turkey
Local time: 07:41
Turkish to English
+ ...
Sometimes Nov 24, 2011

Paul Dixon wrote:

I have just come across an interesting blog that I would like to share. Not translation-related in any way, it tells the story of a girl aged 15 who has terminal cancer. She mentions her wish list, of things she would like to do, and also campaigns for more bone marrow transplants.

PAUL

I see people finding bone marrow. I think the biggest source is http://www.bmdw.org/ the world bone marrow bank

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An interesting blog

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search