Off topic: Brazilian Stories - Relationship
Thread poster: Paul Dixon

Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:40
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

I would like to let you know about a new short story, originally in Portuguese and translated into English, the work of famous translator Lorena Leandro. This is part of the CBSS project which is a website dedicated to publishing short stories written by contemporary Brazilian authors. (Contemporary Brazilian Short Stories (CBSS) is an effort by Word Awareness, a small network of
professional translators established in California.) The mission is to translate these tales into English and share different perspectives from Brazil with the world. This project will bring a new story every 15 days,and will focus on a variety of subjects, including personal and professional life, love, loneliness, comedy, crime, environment, and random observations of daily routines.

You can see Lorena's great work at: https://sites.google.com/site/brazilianstories/brazilian-stories/relationship

Direct link Reply with quote

liviu roth
United States
Local time: 22:40
Romanian to English
+ ...
relationship Dec 2, 2011

A wonderful story !
Thank you Paul for sharing.

[Edited at 2011-12-02 03:34 GMT]

Gilla Evans  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Relationship Dec 2, 2011

Thanks for posting this. Having recently lost my dog, who was my constant companion, with all the good and bad things that entails, for sixteen years, this tiny story really touched me.

Nice project too!

Peter Nicholson  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:40
Polish to English
Szymborska Dec 2, 2011

The story calls to mind a piece written by the winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1996, Polish poet Wisława Szymborska.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/1993/oct/21/cat-in-an-empty-apartment/?pagination=false

http://www.mission.net/poland/warsaw/literature/poems/cat.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Brazilian Stories - Relationship

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search