Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2012

You can't say you weren't warned, translator people. It is only a matter of seconds. Minutes, maybe. Perhaps a few hours, at any rate. A day or two. Could be more. All hush-hush.

You may remember the last LT cliffhanger with Sergeant Garmendia about to lay down the law in that bar. I've had the guts of three years to think about what happened next, and I reckon I can go on now. You do remember, don't you?

Oh ... you do
... See more
You can't say you weren't warned, translator people. It is only a matter of seconds. Minutes, maybe. Perhaps a few hours, at any rate. A day or two. Could be more. All hush-hush.

You may remember the last LT cliffhanger with Sergeant Garmendia about to lay down the law in that bar. I've had the guts of three years to think about what happened next, and I reckon I can go on now. You do remember, don't you?

Oh ... you don't remember? ....

http://www.proz.com/forum/lighter_side_of_trans_interp/129145-the_little_translator_mi5_and_jimmy_the_weasel.html

Who knows what may ensue? Watch this space.

Mervyn
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 19:46
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Enfin Jan 29, 2012

I was thinking about this quirky little character only yesterday, and thinking that his creator must have been sidetracked (by what? maybe we'll find out).

Welcome back, Little Translator! You've been missed.

Nancy

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Backlog Feb 1, 2012

Hello Nancy, and thanks a lot - much appreciated!

Also thanks to the interest of former LT readers who may recall what "the wavies" mean, and of nonplussed noo ProZians too (well, not so noo by now, I suppose).

After all this time, I had just about glimpsed a light at the end of a tunnel of work, not to mention other trials and tribulations (real ones), and thought I could resume the silliness which I, at any rate, certainly need these days in order not to confront rea
... See more
Hello Nancy, and thanks a lot - much appreciated!

Also thanks to the interest of former LT readers who may recall what "the wavies" mean, and of nonplussed noo ProZians too (well, not so noo by now, I suppose).

After all this time, I had just about glimpsed a light at the end of a tunnel of work, not to mention other trials and tribulations (real ones), and thought I could resume the silliness which I, at any rate, certainly need these days in order not to confront reality so often and so close up, but 2012 has bogged me down again this week.

If anyone's still reading, the Little Translator should be up to no good again officially by early next week.

Very best regards,

Mervyn
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Little Translator returns

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »