Off topic: 3.5.1 Which free web-based e-mail service would you recommend?
Thread poster: Olga Judina

Olga Judina  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:01
Latvian to Russian
+ ...
Jul 12, 2004

I need to setup a free e-mail account for a friend of mine who doesn't have regular internet access. It's very important that this account (unlike hotmail and maybe others) doesn't expire after a certain period of inactivity. Stable service is another important issue - I've been trying to reach Yahoo Mail all morning with no result and I think such experience would be very annoying for someone using the public internet access points. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 18:01
Suggestion Jul 12, 2004

I use www.gmx.net
20mb free space

I'm not sure about the inactivity part though.

Orla

Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:01
German to Italian
+ ...
lycos? Jul 12, 2004

I have a lycos address (15 mb web space) but I don't really use it, so I can't tell you if it's reliable or not. Anyway, I never had a problem with yahoo mail (100 mb now)

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:01
SITE FOUNDER
Try everyone.net Jul 12, 2004

We have received good feedback on the ProZ.com-branded free email at everyone.net. It gets less spam and has less of a delay before mail from ProZ.com will appear than do hotmail, yahoo and aol.

One complaint that we have seen is that there are problems with double byte characters. I am not sure whether or not this is still the case.

To try it, go to: http://proz.mail.everyone.net

nordiste  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
netcourrier.com (but it's French ) Jul 12, 2004

I'm very satisfied with netcourrier.com - but I don't know if they have an English interface. You can jave a look at www.netcourrier.com

Cecilia Janhammar  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
myway.com Jul 22, 2004

I have an extra account on myway.com and it's been extremely reliable. Never had spam in my inbox in two years!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

3.5.1 Which free web-based e-mail service would you recommend?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search