Off topic: Accomodation in London
Thread poster: Dogan Sahin

Dogan Sahin
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 3, 2004

Hi
We are a family of 3. We intend to settle in UK in the beginning of 2005 or late 2004/
I thought, what better advice than the colleagues there. We need temporary accomodation (1 month or so)Until I avtivate my Translation and Interpreting contacts/Areas suitable will be stoke newington,islington,newington green,(generally where the Turkish speaking community is huddled around! Could anyone direct us to such type of establishments? Or maybe someone has a room or two to spare for a short while..
Thanks in advance and hope to meet you all in UK.

Direct link Reply with quote

Javier Herrera
Spanish
I lived there Aug 3, 2004

Hi Dogan,
I don't know what you're asking about exactly when you say "direct us to such type of establishments", is it that you've never been in London before and would like to know about it? I don't have any room but I could explain to you about the area: I lived in both Haringey and Hackney.
For one month only...hard work, they normally require a six-month contract. It's still hard work to find accommodation. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Regards,
Javier

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 15:45
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A previous posting might help Aug 3, 2004

Hi,

There was a previous posting that might help you.

http://www.proz.com/topic/23380

Best regards,
Patricia

Javier Herrera
Spanish
have a look at this Aug 4, 2004

http://www.gumtree.com/
For some reason it's the preferred website by foreigners who wish to move to London when it comes to accommodation. A South African friend recommended that to me. Apparently there are countries where everybody knows the site. I advertise on it as a tutor.
Cheers

Dogan Sahin
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
London Flats Aug 4, 2004

Hi
Thanks for your reply . What I mean by `such establishments`is the places which do offer short term leases or rooms in large houses or `granny flats/studios`. The gumtree link seems to be the go.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accomodation in London

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search