Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2004

Was sent this by a friend (thanks Kevin!). Start Monday with a laugh:-)

"Personal ads" in the Dublin News:

Heavy drinker, 35, Cork area. Seeks gorgeous sex addict interested in a man who loves his pints, cigarettes, Glasgow Celtic Football Club and starting fights on Patrick Street at three o'clock in the morning.

> ------------------------------------------

Bitter, disillusioned Dublin man, lately rejected by long-time fiancée, seeks decent
... See more
Was sent this by a friend (thanks Kevin!). Start Monday with a laugh:-)

"Personal ads" in the Dublin News:

Heavy drinker, 35, Cork area. Seeks gorgeous sex addict interested in a man who loves his pints, cigarettes, Glasgow Celtic Football Club and starting fights on Patrick Street at three o'clock in the morning.

Bitter, disillusioned Dublin man, lately rejected by long-time fiancée, seeks decent, honest, reliable woman, if such a thing still exists in this cruel world of hatchet-faced bitches.

Ginger haired Galway man, a trouble-maker, gets slit-eyed and shirty after a few scoops, seeks attractive, wealthy lady for bail purposes, maybe more.

Bad tempered, foul-mouthed old bastard, living in a damp cottage in the arse-end of Roscommon, seeks attractive 21 year old blonde lady, with a lovely chest.

Devil-worshipper, Offaly area, seeks like-minded lady, for wining and dining, good conversation, dancing, romantic walks, and slaughtering cats in cemeteries at midnight under the flinty light of a pale moon.

Optimistic Mayo man, 35, seeks a blonde 20 year old double-jointed supermodel, who owns her own brewery, and has an open-minded twin sister

Limerick man, 27, medium build, brown hair, blue eyes, seeks alibi for the night of February 27 between 8 PM and 11:30 PM.
Collapse

Orla Ryan
Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:06
*lol* Sep 27, 2004

i got that e-mail too ... but my one had a few more counties mentioned... think there was one going

"40 year old Tipperary man seeks woman who will answer to "Mammy" for lots of tea and biscuits at the fireside"

O.

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tipperary... Sep 27, 2004

Orla Ryan wrote:

i got that e-mail too ... but my one had a few more counties mentioned... think there was one going

"40 year old Tipperary man seeks woman who will answer to "Mammy" for lots of tea and biscuits at the fireside"

O.

I'm from Tipp, and yes, that figures:-)

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 14:06
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Good luck, mate! Sep 27, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:
Bad tempered, foul-mouthed old bastard, living in a damp cottage in the arse-end of Roscommon, seeks attractive 21 year old blonde lady, with a lovely chest.
-----------------
Optimistic Mayo man, 35, seeks a blonde 20 year old double-jointed supermodel, who owns her own brewery, and has an open-minded twin sister

You better set your sights younger or older, methinks the 20-year-olds have already left, seeker greener pastures (the money kind, not the emerald-isle kind)

Meanwhile, a jar or two of the poteen should have the locals looking more like the ideal

Thanks Ailish, great way to start the week.

Nancy

Guy Bray
Guy Bray  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:06
French to English
try the LRB Sep 27, 2004

for a more literary (and I think funnier) approach, try the regular Personals in the London Review of Books:
http://www.lrb.co.uk/classified/index.php

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed! Sep 27, 2004

Guy Bray wrote:

for a more literary (and I think funnier) approach, try the regular Personals in the London Review of Books:
http://www.lrb.co.uk/classified/index.php[/quote]

How about this one from the LLB:

Know your thermocouple accuracy table, then love me like the fool you are. Geo-sex daddy of the rhodium refining world (M, 62) seeks practically anyone. Anyone at all. I mean it. Please. Anyone. Box no. 17/10

Or this one:

Romance is dead. So is my mother. Man, 42, inherited wealth. Box no. 18/11

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited at 2004-09-27 19:05]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Start Monday with a laugh:-)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »