Off topic: if you live in italy
Thread poster: davidgreen
davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
Oct 25, 2004

I'm looking for someone living in Italy to buy me a bottle of "Aurum" (my girlfriend's mother tried it about 20 years ago and still raves about it). I believe it's an orange liquor of some sort made in Italy and I can't find any way to buy it here in the UK. Please email me directly as I'm not sure this is an appropriate forum topic. I'd be happy to pay you for this in advance plus about 5 euros for your trouble (I'd just need to know how much it'll cost to ship it here). Thanks for any assistan... See more
I'm looking for someone living in Italy to buy me a bottle of "Aurum" (my girlfriend's mother tried it about 20 years ago and still raves about it). I believe it's an orange liquor of some sort made in Italy and I can't find any way to buy it here in the UK. Please email me directly as I'm not sure this is an appropriate forum topic. I'd be happy to pay you for this in advance plus about 5 euros for your trouble (I'd just need to know how much it'll cost to ship it here). Thanks for any assistance.Collapse

Fortiter
Fortiter
Local time: 01:22
French to Italian
+ ...
Well, I could try... Oct 25, 2004

...to look for "Aurum". But I never heard that name. Any more details?....

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I remember that stuff! Oct 25, 2004

I haven't seen it in ages, but as I recall it came in a perfectly round bottle - a sphere.
This is what I've found on the Internet:
http://www.milioni.com/liquori/dati/176.htm

It's produced in the Marche region and is essentially an orange-flavored brandy. Does that sound right?
Catherine

PS: Here's a site, also in English, with the small collector b
... See more
I haven't seen it in ages, but as I recall it came in a perfectly round bottle - a sphere.
This is what I've found on the Internet:
http://www.milioni.com/liquori/dati/176.htm

It's produced in the Marche region and is essentially an orange-flavored brandy. Does that sound right?
Catherine

PS: Here's a site, also in English, with the small collector bottles.
http://www.minibottles.it/italiano/dettaglio.asp?IDProdotto=9
Interestingly enough, it was supposedly given its name by Gabriele D'Annunzio.

[Edited at 2004-10-25 16:57]

Oops! Just found a site that sells it. Go towards the bottom of the page and click on the link. It retails for €20. Don't know about shipping costs though.
http://www.abruzzostore.it/liquori.htm

[Edited at 2004-10-25 17:00]
Collapse

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I'm from the Marches but Oct 25, 2004

I've never heard about it.
Actually, I think it is from Abruzzo, since the bottle shows Pescara on the neck.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw a bottle of it in my parent's house. I can check and let you know.

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I looked at the Abruzzo website but... Oct 25, 2004

Thanks cbolton and Pamela. I checked out the abruzzo website but don't really trust it enough to order from there (website doesn't quite work in English and it hasn't been updated for over 3 years, often meaning business is very very slow or non existent). In any event, if it isn't real inconvenient, I'm hoping it's just sold in a local shop in Italy and someone could ship it to me. I'd pay you in advance as I trust a translator from proz.com more than I would trust an unknown website merchant. ... See more
Thanks cbolton and Pamela. I checked out the abruzzo website but don't really trust it enough to order from there (website doesn't quite work in English and it hasn't been updated for over 3 years, often meaning business is very very slow or non existent). In any event, if it isn't real inconvenient, I'm hoping it's just sold in a local shop in Italy and someone could ship it to me. I'd pay you in advance as I trust a translator from proz.com more than I would trust an unknown website merchant. Thanks!Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

if you live in italy

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »