Off topic: Recommended aggregator websites from other countries?
Thread poster: Jessica Noyes

Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2014

When taking a break, I often read articles in on-line sites that collect short articles on various topics. Twenty years ago, I might have flipped through a magazine, but these sites offer the same variety of information, entertainment, and opinion. I am not recommending them, but the sites I go to are salon.com, slate.com, jezebel.com, and sometimes Huffington Post (although it has 'way too many beacons, widgets, and ads monitoring me). In any case, these sites are very U.S. centered, and I would like to bookmark some new world-wide sites that contain similar material.
Does anyone out there have some suggestions for other English sites from other countries such as the U.K. and South Africa; as well as sites with Spanish, French (including Quebec), and German content? (If I am going to read trivial material, I might as well be working on my languages as well.)
I appreciate any suggestions, and if there is anyone else who would like to request or suggest sites in languages other than these, it would broaden the scope of this thread nicely.
Thanks in advance, Jessica

Direct link Reply with quote

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:11
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
German content Jan 24, 2014

For a German view on the world and also on German topics, you can try:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:11
Member (2012)
French to English
+ ...
Le Huffington Post Jan 24, 2014

With French titbits

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/

Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:11
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
jadaliyya Jan 29, 2014

Jadaliyya is a nice site with English, Arabic, and a bit of French content on the Middle East.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommended aggregator websites from other countries?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search