Off topic: The FlyLady to the rescue
Thread poster: Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)
Louise Dupont (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:08
English to French
Nov 4, 2004

Visit FlyLady's Website (www.flylady.net)
Intro taken from their Website:

Are YOU living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) like Franny in the pink sweats? Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don't know where to start? Don't worry friend, we've been there, too.

Step through the door and follow FlyLady as she weaves her way through housecle
... See more
Visit FlyLady's Website (www.flylady.net)
Intro taken from their Website:

Are YOU living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) like Franny in the pink sweats? Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don't know where to start? Don't worry friend, we've been there, too.

Step through the door and follow FlyLady as she weaves her way through housecleaning and organizing tips with homespun humor, daily musings about life and love, the Sidetracked Home Executives (SHE™) system, and anything else that is on her mind...

This site helps you organize your household and help you get ride of the guilt you feel when you work at home and you don't take (or don't have) time to clean and do all the household chores.

Fun acronyms they created:

FLY: Finally Loving Yourself
CHAOS: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome
PODA: Parade of Daily Adventures (To do list)
STUFF: Something That Undermines Family Fun
SHE: Side Tracked Home Executive

They also have Yahoo groups in English and French.

Go ahead, visit the site, your daily schedule will never be the same.
Learn to FLY.

[Edited at 2004-11-04 17:37]
Collapse

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Local time: 21:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
a nice idea, but... Nov 4, 2004

It sounded good to me, too, and I signed up for one of their e-mail lists a while back. I unsubscribed after only a day or two because the e-mails drove me nuts! I seem to remember they were full of things like "jump right up and clean your kitchen sink!"--and way too perky for my taste

Guess I'll have to keep living in CHAOS

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The FlyLady to the rescue

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »