https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/32580-need_to_know_a_practice_sentence_for_hindi_typewriting.html

Off topic: Need to know a practice sentence for Hindi typewriting
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 09:15
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 22, 2005

As you may all be aware, there is an English sentence which covers all the keys of English keyboard:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy little dog.

This serves as a very useful text for practising the English typewriting because it contains all the characters and one may become aware of the location of each and every key after typing this small sentence repeatedly.

I'd appreciate if someone could suggest a Hindi sentence encompassing the whole Hindi al
... See more
As you may all be aware, there is an English sentence which covers all the keys of English keyboard:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy little dog.

This serves as a very useful text for practising the English typewriting because it contains all the characters and one may become aware of the location of each and every key after typing this small sentence repeatedly.

I'd appreciate if someone could suggest a Hindi sentence encompassing the whole Hindi alphabet. The normal Hindi keyboard and Unicode Hindi keyboard are entirely different and it poses some sort of a problem when switching between the two. So, I think one may refresh one's memory after typing such a sentence.

[Edited at 2005-05-22 04:48]
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:45
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe Microsoft can help you May 22, 2005

If you have Hindi version of Word open a new document:

"Word includes a way to quickly insert sample text into a document. To do this, type the following
=rand()
and then press ENTER."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180685/

If you have English-Hindi Microsoft glossaries, search them for "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Rega
... See more
If you have Hindi version of Word open a new document:

"Word includes a way to quickly insert sample text into a document. To do this, type the following
=rand()
and then press ENTER."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180685/

If you have English-Hindi Microsoft glossaries, search them for "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:15
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My take May 23, 2005

Here is a sentence that I wrote just now, and I think it includes all the letters of the Hindi alphabet:

गङ्गा के किनारे अमरूद और आम के पेड़ों की छाए में बैठे ऊंट के पास खड़े ऐरावत नामक चञ्चल हाथी ने पंकज का फूल उठाकर होदे में रखे गणेश की मूर्ति के शीर्�
... See more
Here is a sentence that I wrote just now, and I think it includes all the letters of the Hindi alphabet:

गङ्गा के किनारे अमरूद और आम के पेड़ों की छाए में बैठे ऊंट के पास खड़े ऐरावत नामक चञ्चल हाथी ने पंकज का फूल उठाकर होदे में रखे गणेश की मूर्ति के शीर्ष पर डाला और चिंघाड़ उठा, और ईख का गट्ठर सूंड़ से उठाकर मुंह में डालकर इत्मीनान से चबाने लगा, जिसे देखकर झांझर, ढोल मजीरे जोर से बजने लगे, पटाखों के धमाके हुए और भक्त गणों ने ओं नमः शिवाय की गुहार से सारे क्षेत्र को गुंजा दिया और थाली में सिक्के डाल दिए।

It is slightly long and unweildy and may be ungrammatical. Some redundancy in the letters could be there, and it could badly do with some pruning. It could be a nice starting point for you.

Good luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need to know a practice sentence for Hindi typewriting

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »