Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 1, 2005

Today I recieved a notice through Proz.com. Someone had posted an answer to a topic I had opened two weeks ago in a non-english form. When I followed the link I noticed that the post was from June 21, TEN DAYS AGO!
Rather speedy this modern world, what do you think?
Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Bob Kerns  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:06
Member (2002)
German to English
Everything, including time, is relative Jul 1, 2005

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Rather speedy this modern world, what do you think?
Heinrich

Purely by coincidence I today received a response to a ProZ support request which I submitted in January 2002, i.e. three and a half years ago. The response wasn't related to the problem which I originally reported, merely a notification that the support ticket was closed on June 30, 2005.

Can anyone beat that??

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
Yes, I can... Jul 1, 2005

Bob Kerns wrote:

Can anyone beat that??

I definitely think I can beat that

Today I have submitted a request for the right to edit/squash kudoz questions. It was my second time, as I had tried to apply one month ago, passed that test, but my application had been denied by the site staff because of my profile being empty. So, I completed my profile in the meantime and I've just tried to apply again. I have done the test (again...) which you have to do in 15 minutes, as you may already know, and the test took me no more than 2 minutes. The answer to my test was astonishing:

"Test not passed.
Out of time. Only 15 minutes are allowed for the test; you took 43732 minutes.
You may try again in one month."

How on earth could I take 43732 minutes? It's hilarious...
I guess it's like they've counted all the time since my first try, as 43732 minutes is the equivalent of one month's time.
So, I think I'll try again in one month... And then it will take me no more than 87464 minutes, I'm sure of that

[Edited at 2005-07-01 16:23]

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:06
English to Polish
+ ...
I have a number of e-mails dated 1.1.1901 Jul 1, 2005

Of course these were sent by people that did not set their computers' clocks but anyway it looks funny.

Patrick Dotterer
Local time: 04:06
SITE STAFF
Responding to old support tickets Jul 1, 2005

Hey Bob,

Purely by coincidence I today received a response to a ProZ support request which I submitted in January 2002, i.e. three and a half years ago. The response wasn't related to the problem which I originally reported, merely a notification that the support ticket was closed on June 30, 2005.

I just wanted to let you know what is happening with the support emails. I've been handling support since January, and right now, even though it looks crazy, I'm trying to at least respond to users who sent a support ticket in (years ago) and who never received a response from us, so we can at least let them know we are truly sorry...and, just in case, help them out if they still need it. That is why you received that email, and trust me, you might receive some more if you have tickets that are open and not responded to:)

Most users can't believe we still have records of that stuff, but we do.

Thanks for using the site!

Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
Will let a developer know about the problem Jul 1, 2005

Hello Maria,

"Test not passed.
Out of time. Only 15 minutes are allowed for the test; you took 43732 minutes.
You may try again in one month."

Sorry about that. I don't know why that happened but I will let one of our developers know about this, and then I'll let you know what to do. (You shouldn't have to wait another month.)

Thanks for being patient and using the site!

Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

Patrick Dotterer
SITE STAFF
Sending to a developer Jul 1, 2005

Hey Heinrich,

Today I recieved a notice through Proz.com. Someone had posted an answer to a topic I had opened two weeks ago in a non-english form. When I followed the link I noticed that the post was from June 21, TEN DAYS AGO!

I don't know why that happened, but I definitely will have a developer look at that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your support of the site!

Regards,
Patrick
ProZ.com Staff

Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
Thank you, Patrick! Jul 1, 2005

Patrick Dotterer wrote:

Sorry about that. I don't know why that happened but I will let one of our developers know about this, and then I'll let you know what to do. (You shouldn't have to wait another month.)

Thanks for being patient and using the site!

Thank you for looking into the issue
I wouldn't mind waiting, though. I'm on holiday anyway
I think all these new features are great and thank you for improving the site day by day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rather send me a postcard

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search