Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL
Adriana Caraccio Morgan, Dip Trans IOL  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:31
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 4, 2005

Hello,

We'll be in London for the New Year and we already booked a Cirque du Soleil presentation on Jan 6. But it leaves us with a problem - our toddler can't go.

He will be 2 years and 3 months at that time, and our only friend in London will be in Brazil! So, we are trying to give us plenty of time to find a baby-sitter. Our son fully understands English.

We still don't know if we are going to be able to stay at our friend's house (Wimbledon) or if we'll
... See more
Hello,

We'll be in London for the New Year and we already booked a Cirque du Soleil presentation on Jan 6. But it leaves us with a problem - our toddler can't go.

He will be 2 years and 3 months at that time, and our only friend in London will be in Brazil! So, we are trying to give us plenty of time to find a baby-sitter. Our son fully understands English.

We still don't know if we are going to be able to stay at our friend's house (Wimbledon) or if we'll have to stay in a flat. We don't want a hotel, as we want to be able to cook our own food, rather than having to go out every time to eat.

So, I would appreciate it if anyone could point me out a reliable baby-sitter (a person, or a service).

Thanks
Adriana
Collapse

swisstell
swisstell
Italy
Local time: 02:31
German to English
+ ...
www.babysitter.co.uk/intro.htm Jul 4, 2005

perhaps browsing that website might help you a step further. Good luck.

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:31
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Will try to help if I can Jul 4, 2005

Hallo Adriana

This is Mrs Wiman in Sweden (Mats´wife)

I will try to put you in contact with an old pupil of mine. She lives in London and has been working as aupair nearly two years now. She is 22 years old.

I do not know if she will be in London or back home but I will give it a try.
Will let you know asap.

Best regards
Sylvia Wiman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In need of a baby-sitter in London on Jan6

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »