Thread poster: flaviofbg

flaviofbg
Spain
Local time: 20:15
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jul 13, 2005

Hello hello there

Uhm, I am sorry there have been such heated arguments regarding the Off Topic forum.

Well, I just love it - And I think moderators are doing a very good job here. I am a moderator at the Ancient Languages forum, so I am not biased, mind you

*** How about relaxing a bit with some music? ***

(A chorus of Prozians screaming: "Oh no!! More Flavio, that's a torture for our ears! No, pleaseeeeeee")

Don't worry, this time it is a short, nice song I just felt like recording it because it is one of my all time favourites

Do you remember the wonderful, magical, incredible Kate Bush? Well, I love her. After her fantastic debut single "Wuthering Heights" (1978), another single came out, much shorter and "home-made". She wrote the song when she was 15 and recorded it at that time, although the rest of the album came out in 1978 (that's why the voice sounds smaller and even sweeter in that song, as well as in "The Saxophone Song"). Of course, I am talking about the album "The Kick Inside".

The second single I am talking about was "The Man With The Child In His Eyes" (1978, recorded in 1975) - such a haunting, magical song!

Well, here is my humble version... I have recorded this three times in my life, and this is the newest, in case you had an older version of it

http://tinyurl.com/atnwu

I hope you like it... and please, take it easy, ok?

Ave atque vale!

Flavius

Direct link Reply with quote

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Great song - thanks Jul 13, 2005

Thanks for sharing this great song with us. I'll dig out my original CD tonight. Kate Bush had some very, very god songs.

Martine Etienne  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2003)
English to French
+ ...
Off topic : I am for it Jul 13, 2005

Well, I always read off topic... The other topics are less attractive and I do not read them except when interested...
Keep sharing these songs with us please... As professional, we need to relax.. and it is a kind of coffee corner...Thanks

Momoka  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:15
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Nice Jul 13, 2005

Thanks for the song, Flavio. Nice and relaxing moment listening to it.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:15
Member (2004)
English to Italian
great Jul 13, 2005

as an old Kate Bush fun, it was a pleasure listening to such beautiful rendition.

The elephant in cellophane

Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:15
Japanese to English
+ ...
When is the CD coming out? Jul 13, 2005

You could combine a release party with a powwow. What would be a good title for it? Flavio Flavors? Music to Translate By?

flaviofbg
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Jul 13, 2005

Thank you dear friends

Hehe, a CD? Don't know... ask Henry, maybe we could organize something! LOL! Too funny

Lots of love,
Flavio

PS: Giovanni, I am a die-hard Kate fan... I have almost all of her vinyl recordings

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
The page cannot be found :( Aug 19, 2005

seems that the link is not working for me for some reason...

regards,
Agnieszka

flaviofbg
Spain
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Deleted :( Aug 19, 2005

tygru wrote:

seems that the link is not working for me for some reason...

regards,
Agnieszka

Dear Agnieszka,

I had to delete the files because so many people had listened ot them that I exceeded my bandwidth

I have posted most of them on an external site. I don't know if I can give the link here... but here it is

http://tinyurl.com/9t63r

I will submit more songs there from time to time...

Love,
Flavio

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
German to Polish
+ ...
thanks for sharing Aug 19, 2005

Flavio Ferri Benedetti wrote:

but here it is

that's better. thanks

I will submit more songs there from time to time...

great!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Off Topic Music, anyone? :))

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search