Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:17
Czech to German
+ ...
Jul 24, 2005

Hi everybody,

I was not sure where to put this and I do hope it is not against the forum-rules...
Yesterday I saw a documentation on German TV about Maca, a sort of tuber grown in Peru which seems to have really marvellous ingredients. Because of these it is very much appreciated by foreign corporate groups which have it patented for themselves, depriving the local farmers from being "masters in their own house".
I wanted to know more about this and googling for Maca I
... See more
Hi everybody,

I was not sure where to put this and I do hope it is not against the forum-rules...
Yesterday I saw a documentation on German TV about Maca, a sort of tuber grown in Peru which seems to have really marvellous ingredients. Because of these it is very much appreciated by foreign corporate groups which have it patented for themselves, depriving the local farmers from being "masters in their own house".
I wanted to know more about this and googling for Maca I happened to come to the German website http://www.biopiraterie.de where there are quite a lot of links to similar problems all over the world. The webmaster is looking for help from English and Spanish speaking people who would put this site into their resp. languages (for free, as it seems). IMO it is a very important issue, freedom of science and trade being of great concern to all of us. Maybe some of you will find time to have a look at those texts and translate one or more of them?

Charlotte

[Edited at 2005-07-24 13:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators wanted for website against bio-piracy

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »