https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/35107-google_earth_its_really_out_of_this_world.html

Off topic: Google Earth - It's really out of this world!
Thread poster: teju
teju
teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 27, 2005

Download earth.google.com, it's an amazing, free program that lets you use a 3-D map of the whole world, going from city to city in any country. You'll be able to see satellite images of just about anywhere.
I just discovered it, and was able to see an aerial picture of my house in Texas, my husband's family home in Argentina, and many other places. This is an unbelievable toy, you'll be hooked looking at it.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-27 19:06]

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
Local time: 13:34
German to Polish
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 27, 2005

it's great...
...but deadly addictive

María Alejandra Funes
María Alejandra Funes
Local time: 08:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Big Brother Jul 28, 2005

Big Brother is watching us

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
NASA World Wind Jul 28, 2005

Without demeaning Google Earth, I would like to note that the satellite photographs are "current but not real-time".

The photographs of Warsaw, Poland, where I live are about 2 years old. I figured this out when I noticed that a huge commercial complex which is now nearly complete is just a huge hole in the ground on the photo.

If you want real time, you need to download NASA's software.
It is much bigger - 170 MB to download and several hundred MB after installat
... See more
Without demeaning Google Earth, I would like to note that the satellite photographs are "current but not real-time".

The photographs of Warsaw, Poland, where I live are about 2 years old. I figured this out when I noticed that a huge commercial complex which is now nearly complete is just a huge hole in the ground on the photo.

If you want real time, you need to download NASA's software.
It is much bigger - 170 MB to download and several hundred MB after installation and the demand on computer resources and internet connection is massive.
But you get to observe all the events - natural and otherwise as they happen - hurricanes, forest fires, whatever.

Pawel Skalinski
Collapse

Nadine-CGN
Nadine-CGN
English to German
+ ...
addicted... Jul 31, 2005

I've been playing around with Google Earth since 2 weeks and I love it, in fact I'm addicted to it. Unfortunately a lot of places are still blurry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Earth - It's really out of this world!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »