Off topic: Sharing a flat in Paris
Thread poster: xxxYamato
xxxYamato
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:33
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2005

Well, all dear translators, it seems I will be attending the powwows in Paris next year (and possibly more) since I'm moving there to continue my education.

My plan is to move there in early October, so I am looking for flats to share, prefferably with French people (student type or whatever).

I need some information, since I can think of reasonable prices in Spain, but not in Paris. So, in what range would fall a reasonable price for an individual room, for 9 months, in some student flat? Internet is about the only must, apart from that I am not looking for luxury, just the usual appliances.

Any hints? I would be greatly thankful.

And also, anywhere I might turn to look? Up to know I am browsing pages of personal ads, but it was not a very good harvest.

Thank you very, very much in advance for everything.

Direct link Reply with quote

RHELLER
United States
Local time: 04:33
French to English
+ ...
you may have more luck in the French forum Aug 21, 2005

http://www.proz.com/forum/25

Bonne chance

xxxYamato
Bulgaria
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was thinking exactly the same Aug 21, 2005

thanks for the attention

xxxsarahl
Local time: 03:33
English to French
+ ...
Does it have to be Paris? Aug 21, 2005

Hi Pablo

Paris is VERY expensive, and the housing situation is very complicated. If you don't have to live there, I strongly recommend you choose another town, and you could just visit Paris on occasion.

Just some food for thought.

Sarah

xxxYamato
Bulgaria
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Aug 21, 2005

Thanks for the tip, but I had thought about that, no pleasure spending big bucks, but...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sharing a flat in Paris

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search