job offers website for in-house temporary translators in English speaking countries
Thread poster: Annamaria Leone

Annamaria Leone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 00:25
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 13, 2005

Hi everibody,
I'm looking for websites with job offers for English to Italian translator. I'm looking for a temporary in-house position in UK, Ireland, Australia. I evalute also the possibility to stay for some months in Spain (but I do not know spanish, so don't think I have many chances).
So could you give me some suggestion to found this kind of job (temporary) abroad., Are there specialized sites for temporary vacancies?

Thank you so much in advance!

Annamaria

[Edited at 2005-10-13 07:40]

Direct link Reply with quote

Cécile Lambert
Local time: 01:25
Italian to French
+ ...
See this topic Oct 13, 2005

Hello Annamaria,

This topic http://www.proz.com/topic/32963 was about in-house translator jobs in UK, I think there might be temporary positions as well.

Best wishes,

Cécile

Marisa Schiavi  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Australia Oct 13, 2005

Hi Annamaria,
In Australia there are not many in-house positions for translators advertised very often, the market is mainly for freelancers over here. However, you may be lucky and get the odd advertisement every now and then. Check www.seek.com.au and the local multilingual employment agencies (search in google), concentrate mainly in Sydney and Melbourne though.

Good luck!

Annamaria Leone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 00:25
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 13, 2005

Marisa Schiavi wrote:
Check www.seek.com.au and the local multilingual employment agencies (search in google), concentrate mainly in Sydney and Melbourne though.

Hi Marisa,
thank you so much for the tips. I will check the sites suggested

Regards,

Annamaria

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 19:25
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another site Oct 13, 2005

Hi,

If you are searching for an in-house job in the US, you could try www.monsters.com. I think that there are similar sites in Australia and UK, probably www.monsters.com.au or something similar.

I used to receive around 4 postings per day for in-house positions.

HTH

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

job offers website for in-house temporary translators in English speaking countries

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search