Off topic: Looking for John and Donna Connelly (U.S., Florida, Blountstown?)
Thread poster: Veronika Hansova
Veronika Hansova
Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:59
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Nov 4, 2005

Hi everybody,
please don't take this as if I was trying to rob somebody for his/her privacy or private data. I am only searching for my former friends. 7 years ago I spent a great study year in Blountstown, FL at a very nice, caring and friendly family of John and Donna Connelly's. After I left I lost contact with them and I would like to find out hod they are doing. Most probably they moved away from Blountstown. I tried to look them up on the Internet but I am not brave enough to dial nu
... See more
Hi everybody,
please don't take this as if I was trying to rob somebody for his/her privacy or private data. I am only searching for my former friends. 7 years ago I spent a great study year in Blountstown, FL at a very nice, caring and friendly family of John and Donna Connelly's. After I left I lost contact with them and I would like to find out hod they are doing. Most probably they moved away from Blountstown. I tried to look them up on the Internet but I am not brave enough to dial number of someone who only has the same name. If anybody knew them (by chance), let them know about me. If they are interested in getting in touch again, I am here waiting. Thanks.
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
Italian to English
Worth $7.95 and a phone call? Nov 4, 2005

Intelius People Search shows only 1 in Blountstown.
http://find.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&searchform=adv :

"JOHN D CONNELLY aged 38
BLOUNTSTOWN FL

Buy all 1 People Search Records Below for $7.95. All "Available" information will be displayed".

Veronika Hansova
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How much updated is that databank? Nov 4, 2005

Thanks Russell, however from my last discussion with Donna (as I said 7 or even 8 years ago) I understood they were in the process of moving somewhere else. How do I find out that this info from the web page you've given is still valid?
Nevertheless the age would fit...

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
How to find old friends? Nov 4, 2005

Hi Veronika, I hope you will find your old friends.
Maybe someone has some general tips in finding people in the US with rather common names. There must be a lot of people searching for old friends, as US-citizens are moving rather often.
I have the same problem even in Germany, when I want to find my dear old friend Peter Müller.:sad:
I have only heard that there are people in the US helping with finding old relatives or adopted children finding their biological mother/fathe
... See more
Hi Veronika, I hope you will find your old friends.
Maybe someone has some general tips in finding people in the US with rather common names. There must be a lot of people searching for old friends, as US-citizens are moving rather often.
I have the same problem even in Germany, when I want to find my dear old friend Peter Müller.:sad:
I have only heard that there are people in the US helping with finding old relatives or adopted children finding their biological mother/father. They only need the name and one place where the missing person used to live.
Otherwise, Veronika, did they go to a special church or were active in some organization?
Kind regards STeffi
Collapse

Veronika Hansova
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No organized hunt, please :-))) Nov 4, 2005

Dear Steffi and all,
the purpose of my search is purely personal and I do nto want to disturb anybody's privacy. That's why I do not want to get involved in any organized hunt by any detective agency or whatsoever.
I am perhaps hoping for finding someone who knows/knew them, met them etc.
They were not much in any church stuff. John used work in some big grocery-delivering company as a superviser and Donna in an elevator company. They have a daughter - Candace (no mistyping he
... See more
Dear Steffi and all,
the purpose of my search is purely personal and I do nto want to disturb anybody's privacy. That's why I do not want to get involved in any organized hunt by any detective agency or whatsoever.
I am perhaps hoping for finding someone who knows/knew them, met them etc.
They were not much in any church stuff. John used work in some big grocery-delivering company as a superviser and Donna in an elevator company. They have a daughter - Candace (no mistyping here - really Candace) who was 9 at that time. Well anyway if that sounds familiar to anybody, let them know about me and me about them.

Concerning your friend Peter Müller, well, that's bad, too typical, too common... Any luck with your search?
Collapse

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Super Pages Nov 4, 2005

Hi Veronika!

I have sent you a private email with some addresses I have found surfing the internet.

Perhaps it helps!

Good luck!

Inés

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
No hunting of course Nov 4, 2005

Hi Veronika,
sorry: Peter Müller was just an example for a common name in Germany.
No hunting of course, I just thought, that there are maybe some kind of volunteers who are interested in finding persons.
But I see that some colleagues are willing to help you.:-)

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
NYT article re 9-11 Nov 5, 2005

The "New York Times" published an article on 16th September 2001, which can be found at
www.sidley.com/db30/cgi-bin/pubs/NYT-eprint-9-16-01.pdf
describing the experiences of John Connelly in the Twin Towers attack. It includes a photo of the Connellys with the caption:
"John and Donna Connelly at home with their dog Luke..."
No idea if these are the
... See more
The "New York Times" published an article on 16th September 2001, which can be found at
describing the experiences of John Connelly in the Twin Towers attack. It includes a photo of the Connellys with the caption:
No idea if these are the right people, but the photo should enable you to tell if they are or not.

[Edited at 2005-11-05 23:25]
Collapse

Veronika Hansova
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not them... Nov 6, 2005

Jack Doughty wrote:

No idea if these are the right people, but the photo should enable you to tell if they are or not.

[Edited at 2005-11-05 23:25]

Jack, thanks a lot, but that's not them. Though the age of Mr Connelly would correspond. Anyway, thanks for you help, I appreciate it very much!
V.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for John and Donna Connelly (U.S., Florida, Blountstown?)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »