Off topic: Travel to Buenos Aires, why now?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:03
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 3, 2006

To those who are curious about Buenos Aires, I would like to recomend the following article published yesterday at the New York Times Going to Buenos Aires, Why go now.

Some of the reasons:

Argentina's capital has recovered a lot of its swagger and fun.
...The economy is booming... See more
To those who are curious about Buenos Aires, I would like to recomend the following article published yesterday at the New York Times Going to Buenos Aires, Why go now.

Some of the reasons:

Argentina's capital has recovered a lot of its swagger and fun.
...The economy is booming
... And yet it is still shockingly inexpensive, with first-rate meals rarely costing more than 78 pesos a person, or $25 at 3.14 Argentine pesos to $1.

The Buenos Aires Conference is a good excuse... I invite you to come and visit us!

Regards

Clarisa Moraña

[Edited at 2006-04-03 17:28]
Collapse

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:03
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Iguazu Apr 3, 2006

Hi Clarissa !

Do you have some good tips to visit Iguazu falls at a reasonable price ?

Domestic fligts in Argentina sounds awfully expensive (the best quote I have is 700 USD/person) quite the same airfare for a flight between Madrid and Baires.

Tks in advance.

Thierry (trying to budget his asitance to "The " conference)

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upss! Apr 3, 2006

As far as I know, foreigners have to pay different air travel fees (more expensive, off course). I'm very sorry to inform you that.

Nevertheless, I'll make a couple of phone calls and ask tomorrow at the YMCA'S turism agency (my kids do sports there), in order to give you a more informed reply. Will you wait until tomorrow afternoon?

I think It will be nice to organize a group visit to Iguazu falls (or the Glaciers).

Regards

Clarisa
... See more
As far as I know, foreigners have to pay different air travel fees (more expensive, off course). I'm very sorry to inform you that.

Nevertheless, I'll make a couple of phone calls and ask tomorrow at the YMCA'S turism agency (my kids do sports there), in order to give you a more informed reply. Will you wait until tomorrow afternoon?

I think It will be nice to organize a group visit to Iguazu falls (or the Glaciers).

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2006-04-03 19:28]
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
United States
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Extra information Apr 4, 2006

Thierry

As I promised you, today I asked at YMCA tourism about the fares to Iguazu falls, and I was told that a three days tour, air travel + 4 stars hotel (some meals included) costed TODAY about US$ 350 for foreign tourists. But he wasn't able to inform me which was going to be the cost in August ("too early", he said). After Easter they will have a more precise offer.

Besides, I was told at the YMCA thay they have a special section that deals with groups, and that th
... See more
Thierry

As I promised you, today I asked at YMCA tourism about the fares to Iguazu falls, and I was told that a three days tour, air travel + 4 stars hotel (some meals included) costed TODAY about US$ 350 for foreign tourists. But he wasn't able to inform me which was going to be the cost in August ("too early", he said). After Easter they will have a more precise offer.

Besides, I was told at the YMCA thay they have a special section that deals with groups, and that they can arrange a group tour to Cataratas or the Glaciers if 10 or more people were interested (and at a cheaper cost!).

If somebody is interested, I offer to contat that person to organize a nice tour. I go to that place -for personal reasons - twice a week.

Sorry, I had no time for extra phone calls.

Regards

Clarisa

[Edited at 2006-04-04 19:15]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Travel to Buenos Aires, why now?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »