Off topic: How do I enable cookies with IE v6.0?
Thread poster: Mike Sekine
Mike Sekine
Mike Sekine  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 04:32
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 13, 2002

I came across a few webpages where I wasn\'t able to view the content, but instead received this message: \"Sorry, To use this shopping cart your browser must have cookies enabled.\"

Now, how do I do that with IE v6.0?

Russell Gillis
Russell Gillis  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:32
Spanish to English
Cookies are handled under privacy settings Aug 13, 2002

You should go to your Tools menu, then Internet Options.

You will see a number of tabs at the top. Choose the Privacy tab. Now you will see a slider that allows you to control the level of security when you view websites. Most likely you have it on a high setting, which will block all cookies. Try sliding it down a couple of notches, and see if that makes a difference.

Then click on Apply to accept the changes.

Hope that helps!

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:32
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Adjust Privacy level Aug 13, 2002

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy. If the vertical slide there is set to the top level, all cookies are excluded. Set it to a lower level (how low depends what cookies you want to admit).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I enable cookies with IE v6.0?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »