Off topic: California World Cup Watchers?
Thread poster: The_eHive

The_eHive  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:53
German to English
+ ...
May 16, 2006

Will there be any translators out there near Sacramento that will be wanting to watch the world cup? I suggest that we get a group together and find a bar to watch the games. Anyone interested?

Simon Varley
simonvarley@theehive.com

Direct link Reply with quote

lara2005
Local time: 11:53
English to German
+ ...
Just wondering.. May 17, 2006

Hi Simon,

nice to hear that in the US there are actually some soccer fans:-)

However, just out of pure interest - at what time will you need to get up to watch the games? Knowing that some of them start pretty early over here you´ll probably have to get up before sunrise to see them..;-)

But hey, I remember when the world cup was in the US - I was having horrible exams at that time (due to the time-lag all games were broadcasted during the day), so to avoid missing a single goal of our team, we forced our professor (who was listening to the German game via headset - how mean!!:-() to write every goal on the blackboard. In the end I managed to finish my exam within a record time in order to finish watching the game in a local bar:-) I think the results - of both the game and my exam - weren´t all that bad in the end..;-)

Best regards from Cologne, one of the game sites,
and enjoy the games!

Lara

The_eHive  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:53
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Actually a Brit abroad May 17, 2006

Hi Lara,

I am actually an English guy living and working here in California. I am trying to get every American I know to get into a real sport for a change (just kidding) especially as they have a decent team.

Englands first match will be 6am or so I think but there are some 11am ones also. It was the same when it was in Korea, I was in Europe and had to get used to being in a bar at 9am!

I am jealous of your location!...

Simon

lara2005
Local time: 11:53
English to German
+ ...
You should indeed be jealous.. May 17, 2006

...due to the fact that England is actually playing in Cologne:-)

Very much looking forward to the World Cup..

May the best team win!

Lara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

California World Cup Watchers?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search