https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/54000-remember_what_it_was_like_to_be_a_child_%3B_.html

Off topic: Remember what it was like to be a child ;-)
Thread poster: Dees
Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:16
English to French
+ ...
Aug 25, 2006

I just came across this website by chance (the childhood beliefs site as it is called). I had a great laugh reading stories people posted there about what they used to believe...

Funny and thought provoking!

http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/

Enjoy and have a good weekend!...
See more
I just came across this website by chance (the childhood beliefs site as it is called). I had a great laugh reading stories people posted there about what they used to believe...

Funny and thought provoking!

http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/

Enjoy and have a good weekend!
Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
:-) Aug 25, 2006

Reminds me of an anonymous article that was circulating around the net in several versions:

"My Resignation as an Adult

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 6 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant and then be able to afford a movie.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks and bask in the sun.

I want to think M&Ms are b
... See more
Reminds me of an anonymous article that was circulating around the net in several versions:

"My Resignation as an Adult

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 6 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant and then be able to afford a movie.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks and bask in the sun.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree with a drippy ice cream cone and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So...here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, 'cause...

TAG, YOU'RE IT!!"
Collapse

Susy Ordaz
Susy Ordaz  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I´m still laughing Aug 25, 2006

Mitsuko..I went to that site to the part on sex....I loved it!!
I laughed till I cried and have forwarded it on to my colleagues and friends. Many thanks.
Susy

Dees
Dees  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Aug 25, 2006

Hi Parrot & Susy! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it too! Thanks very much for the article, Parrot!!!

Check out the 'best beliefs' section too: http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/selected/best/

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:16
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
thank you Mitsuko! Aug 26, 2006

This is my favorite so far:

"As a four-year-old with a large vocabulary, I decided the "Civil War" was the one war where everybody pretended they were nice to everyone else. For example, a soldier would offer the enemy a cigarette, shoot him when he least expected it, and then pretend to be sad about it."

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:16
English to French
+ ...
Soooo cute! Aug 26, 2006

A nice, innocent, refreshing read. Thanks, Mitsuko!

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I love it! Aug 26, 2006

Thanks for sharing this site with us
Kids can be so sweet and innocent... and so funny!

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, very refreshing! Aug 27, 2006

Hi Mitsuko,

I agree with Viktoria about your message being refreshing.

Since I have to work today (Sunday!) for a couple of hours , taking a peek at Proz.com today and reading your message definitely brightened my day!

Cheers,

Ivette

[Edited at 2006-08-27 11:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remember what it was like to be a child ;-)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »