Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:36
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 17, 2006

Hi,
Here's an interesting article from Hindustan Times, an Indian Daily... I've been thinking of posting it here only it took me a bit longer than expected...

OVER SIX years have passed since Delhi Police registered the highprofile match-fixing case against several South African cricketers and middlemen. Yet much of what is in the taped conversations between the dramatis personae is unknown, because police have failed to find a translator for the recordings, which are in Afrikaans.
“We had approached the South African High Commission and also Jawaharlal Nehru University, but failed to find a translator,” a crime branch officer said. “We are still looking,” said Ranjit Narayan, crime branch joint commissioner.

complete article available at:
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/default.aspx?selPg=1421&page=15_10_2006_001.jpg&ed=47

regards,
Ritu Bhanot

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:36
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Ridiculous Oct 17, 2006

They should try ProZ.com

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:36
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I agree Oct 17, 2006

I tried searching for Afrkaans to English translators and found quite a few...

Guess government agencies just don't know where to look... but another problem with them is that they rarely agree to send work outside. I've worked with them a couple of times and they insisted that I go to their offices.

regards,
Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation and Rare (?) languages

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search