Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 17, 2006

Hi,
Here's an interesting article from Hindustan Times, an Indian Daily... I've been thinking of posting it here only it took me a bit longer than expected...

OVER SIX years have passed since Delhi Police registered the highprofile match-fixing case against several South African cricketers and middlemen. Yet much of what is in the taped conversations between the dramatis personae is unknown, because police have failed to find a translator for the recordings, which are in Afrikaans.
“We had approached the South African High Commission and also Jawaharlal Nehru University, but failed to find a translator,” a crime branch officer said. “We are still looking,” said Ranjit Narayan, crime branch joint commissioner.

complete article available at:
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/default.aspx?selPg=1421&page=15_10_2006_001.jpg&ed=47

regards,
Ritu Bhanot

Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:52
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Ridiculous Oct 17, 2006

They should try ProZ.com icon_wink.gif

Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I agree Oct 17, 2006

I tried searching for Afrkaans to English translators and found quite a few...

Guess government agencies just don't know where to look... but another problem with them is that they rarely agree to send work outside. I've worked with them a couple of times and they insisted that I go to their offices.

regards,
Ritu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation and Rare (?) languages

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search